Chapter 16

It happened all so fast, I didn't even have time to think. I never thought Jayden would be that vindicitve to be honest, but I guess some things just need to happen, getting back at someone. Sometimes it's the best cure on getting over your shit.

Tyler was taken to the guidance counceler and Jayden to the principal; already you can spot who was put as the victim. Then again, Tyler really was the victim. He never asked for anything to happen to him, who ever does? That's life though.

However, you cannot really blame Jay -- I froze.

Why was he still making the Mae thing a big thing? Wasn't that supposed to be buried beyond the ground by now? I thought.

I was always asking myself if he ever got over what happened the year before, I repeat the year before. I mean sabotaging a scholarship wasn't bad enough? I mean, come on!

I swore to myself I wouldn't get involved. The last thing I needed was getting mixed up in all of that - but I made it a point that I'd talk to Jayden about the topic 'holding grudges'. It seemed extremely suitable at the time.

Stretching my legs, I could feel the warm grass underneath me. Sapphire was on her laptop too busy to talk it all out with me, for the first time ever, as she was doing something on her laptop. Probably up to her usual daily shoe shopping - wouldn't be the first time. She took her daily shoe shopping so seriously that I remember once she took out her phone and shopped all through English, and when the professor asked her what she was up to, her response was simply Louboutins are on 10% sale which made half of the class go nuts. I grinned to the thought.

"Are you seriously not going to say anything about what happened?" I blurted taking Sapphire by surprise.

She didn't even look up at me, "What do you want me to say? My boyfriend ended up being the one to split them apart, and he got punched by no other but Tyler Burt. I'm pissed off, can't you see?"

"I can't even imagine how pissed you are right now ..." I tried to say it in the most sarcastic way possible. She rolled her eyes and continued to type away her 'frustrations'. Yeah, right. I recall them fighting when we arrived school that day. I don't understand them, I never did. They were that kind of couple that were just ...worst... worst-paired. They fought all the damn time, they never tried to compromise and when they ever did it was never easy, and they were too overpowering - everywhere. I always thought them being together was to fit standards and not to feel alone. As I said once before, sometimes people live on drama. It was too painful to watch Sapphire cry all the time - what I always found weird was how Nick was always MIA sometimes and he never showed as much as an affection towards her. At least with Jayden and I, that never happened.

"Sapphire, why are you with Nick?" It slipped out, I didn't mean it to sound so disgusting.

This time I had her full attention. She kind of stared ... and sighed. Her face saddened and her eyes didn't sparkle at Nick's name anymore. I knew something was up.

"What do you mean? Nick is Nick."

"Nick's pissing you off - not Tyler."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Everything! You fight all the time and I know it's exhausting but now you're being absolutely pathetic! If you're unhappy, dump him."

She let out a suppressed groan and mouthed the words I can't. I frowned and she sort of hugged herself for comfort. "I can't just do that. He's the person I know that I can trust. You wouldn't know."