Chapter 14

As I put on my folded-collar blouse, I tucked it into my blush-colored volume skater skirt. I sat on my bed comforter and slipped on my white pointed high heels. I walked into the bathroom and made some light make-up along with putting a mixed flower garland on my loose hair, trying not to make myself look like I was trying too hard or worse, pee on myself. He said that we were going to have dinner at his parents’ house; of course, I was going to freak a little. This did not just mean that I was meeting his parents; it meant that we were getting serious. We’ve had over five dates or so in total though I never imagined Jayden throwing a bombshell like that any time soon. I closed my eyes and exhaled, leaning on the sink granite.

“Hey, there’s a slight change of plans for tonight,” He said as I went inside his car.

“What slight change?”

“Well I was thinking would you like to have dinner with my parents?” His eyes twinkled with wonder. I felt like I was going to choke, did I hear him correctly?

“Wait dinner—Dinner with your parents?” I blinked, trying to function what he just said.

“Yes dinner with my parents.”

“Are you sure though? You know what this means right?” I took his hand in mine.

“I know exactly what it means Arielle. I’ve never been so sure about anyone before. I feel like you’re good to me and I don’t want to waste time on thinking about anything more – I’ve thought about this and it’s a good step,” He smirked as he rubbed my hand with his thumb.

I lowered my head, blushing, but said nothing.

“What do you think?” He asked.

I raised my head and stared into those dark green eyes that bore into mine with absolute obsession, “I would love to, I can’t wait.” However, deep down inside my confused little heart, I wondered if it was a good idea – if this guy was making a good choice keeping me alongside him.

I opened my eyes, shaking my head. I had to get myself steady if I were to make a good impression with Mr. and Mrs. Myers. I ran my fingers through the little curls in my hair and sprayed some perfume all over me. I made my way out of the bathroom, took out my petite floral cropped-jacket and brought my white boxy lock bag that was a forced purchase by me; Sapphire had said something about being a must-have in my wardrobe. I smiled at the memory of our first rodeo at the town’s high street.

I went down the stairs and into the kitchen, finding Jayden chatting up with my mother and Bryce. My parents – that did not sound out of place at all, liked Jayden, I could feel it. When I entered the room, Jayden’s eyes pinned mine making me smile just by the look of his eyes. My mother and Bryce turned to look at me. I didn’t understand what the fuss was about; I was still the same girl that went to get ready an hour before.

“Darling, you look beautiful,” Mom squeaked as she clasped her hands together.

“Beautiful? She’s magnificent,” Bryce gasped. I rolled my eyes at the compliments but I had to be honest, they were what I had expected. It wasn’t every day for me to get all dressed up for a boy – I guess Paverlawn had changed me.

“May I?” Jayden glanced at Bryce. Bryce nodded and so, Jayden walked up at me and took me in his arms.

“You’re breath-taking. I’m so happy you’ve agreed on tonight,” he whispered in my ear. As we un-hugged, I was going to kiss him but he shook his head. I guess he wanted to make a good impression and he had succeeded on that because before we left, my mother invited him for Sunday Lunch which he happily accepted to. It was weird because when I accepted on his invitation I made it look like it was the most nerve-wrecking question on Earth, he on the other hand looked as cool as a cucumber.