heath ledger

SUNDAY, THE 28TH OF AUGUST.

imessage
NUMBER NEIGHBORS

maya
i broke it off..

unknown
uh

unknown
que

maya
i broke it off with
ethan

unknown
why

unknown
oh god

unknown
was i the one who
made you do it

unknown
i swear i didn't mean
to talk that way

maya
no no it happened
before you said anything

unknown
so you've uh

unknown
you've read my previous
messages..?

maya
yeah..

unknown
may i ask how and
why you broke it off
with ethan..

maya
u polite

maya
it all started at
the theater
delivered!

real life

when maya saw a head of hair with a striped tee tucked into pants, she realized it's the delivery boy. pizza boy, ethan, joseph lookalike, he had many names.

after parking her car and managing to meet up with him, the two went into the theater, ethan already purchasing the tickets before she came so they wouldn't have to wait long.

entering the theater, it looked exactly like any other theater except for the antiques and the ancient art they spread over the ceiling and the walls on the inside.

along with the indie-looking popcorn machines, they made it look as if you were in a 60s movie, going to watch another movie. the snacks they had were the same modern ones, yet it felt like you traveled back in time.

after getting their preferred drinks and popcorn, they headed towards the doors that had a sign above with the number 39. maya held in a breath without noticing,

that's how many days she's known jake for, but who's counting.

after settling in with some awkward talk, the movie begun, featuring the legend heath ledger.

rip

during the movie, that she's seen multiple times before but would see more times again, maya took a few glances at ethan, finding him concentrating hard on the movie. which she found cute, but not couple cute, cute as in hugging a dog while walking through the dog food isle, cute as in seeing a kid you've known forever grow up fast.

but after a few minutes, she's realized something.

ethan never looked at julia stiles the way he looked at heath ledger in awe. not even larissa oleynik, not gabrielle union, not.. not anyone.