house [pt. 2]

MONDAY, THE 13TH OF SEPTEMBER.

real life

The two headed up towards Maya's room in childish snickers as the girl intended to speed up there to clean the shitty mess she made, but Finn was faster than she underestimated him to be.

They entered her room which was very simple unlike Maya's personality, he thought it'd be decorated in random stuff and things that didn't relate to each other but instead, her room had a simple dark blue wallpaper with with white furniture.

The only thing that stood out was the Marvel blanket that was all messed up on her bed, indicating she just woke up not too long ago. But judging by her face and her hair, you really couldn't tell.

Finn was staring at the items scattered in her room, like the lonely shelf on top of her desk which was filled with random funko pops from different franchises and genres as she looked at him waiting for a reaction.

"You have an Ayla funko pop?! Those exist?!" He said with excitement and furrowed eyebrows as he straightforwardly ran to the shelf, picking up the funko pop. It was Ayla with a guitar in front of her.

"No! Put that down, you could break it!" She took it from his hands, placing it right back on the shelf. "It was a customized funko pop, took a while, costed a bunch of my savings, but it was worth it." She smiled with raised eyebrows.

"So? What do you think of the hibernating rat-hole?" She spread her arms, pointing at the room as they stood in the middle.

"Well, let's see." He put his thumb and index finger to his chin, imitating a french detective. "Zat iz one hill ov a room." He talked in a french accent, rubbing his chin with his thumb and index finger as Maya laughed beside him.

"Noo, no, reelly. Za dekorashun.." He paused and imitated a chef kiss as he grinned at the girl who was laughing so hard, she had to close her eyes, but obviously she didn't see that.

He saw how happy she was, it was like those comments never existed, and he wished that she would stay like this for a long time, laughing happily with no worries. But, obviously, he had to bring up the chat so they can get it over with.

"So.. uh.." Finn paused, sitting down on the edge of her bed, "You're not mad at me?" He furrowed her eyebrows waiting for her reaction.

"Why would I be? Finn, it wasn't your fault." She sat down beside him,

"I should've known that they still had access to my messages, I mean, they obviously did but I was too dumb to notice. I'm so sorry, I put you through a lot of-"

Maya placed her index finger on Finn's lips, stopping him from talking as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's not your fault, stop apologizing." She said calmly, her finger still on his lips as he listened to her with heart eyes.

Finn took her hand off, holding it in his withou realizing as he spoke, "Yeah.. Thanks.." He said in awkwardness radiating from the two of them.

And they were just gazing at each other, hand in hand, heart eyes and sad souls clinging on another for safety and comfort. He engulfed her into a hug as he seemed to know the emotion behind her eyes.

Maya sniffed knowing that she should be ashamed of herself for being like this in front of him, she wanted to be stronger but for some reason, there was a voice in her head telling her it's okay.

It's okay.

She recognized that voice but she didn't to believe it, it told her that it was okay to cry. And, somehow in the moment, Maya realized that she felt safe around him. She trusted Finn, at least a part of her does. And that part knew, it knew that she felt like she could be herself around him.

She could be herself around him.