Chapter 8 - You're forgiven

I had a rougher night sleep because of that Avent boy. I rolled my eyes as I got into the office elevator. How dare he run off without me? The audacity of that rich kid. What will mother think? How dare he? How dare he? How dare h-

*ding*

The elevator door slid open, I stepped into a room full of worker bees buzzing behind desks. I stomped my way through this swarming colony of annoying creatures to a closed off office. I peaked through a glazed interestingly placed window that let you peer into Mr Boatsy's office. Monty stood stock still with a deadpan expression as Mr Boatsy circled him like he was giving a good lecture, which is what I planned on doing. I pressed my ear up against the door and was aware of a few eyes beading at me. At first I heard a muffled voice but it gradually got clearer until I heard.

"She is the Detective not you, you are the assistant! Get it? You need to respect he inside and outside of work!" I heard a hand slam on a surface.

I swung the door open. "Agreed."

Both Mr Boatsy and Monty looked up in surprise.

"So did you find anything?" I dumped my handbag on the cream coloured armchair in the corner of the room beside Mr Boatsy's desk. "Monty?" Did the company have anything to do with the missing pop star and the trap door?" I'm guessing he told Mr Boatsy all about what happened yesterday morning by the look on Mr Boatsy's face and that Monty is getting scolded for it.

"No. The company said that trap door comes with every stage they build and that it didn't actually work because it wasn't needed for Jack-Jack's performance. You couldn't even open it. -he patted the side of his thigh nervously- "I went back to the stage in the afternoon to test the trap door." Shamefully I had to admit to myself that it made me happy Monty's Idea was wrong. "I apologise for my rudeness." Monty shifted towards me and hand held out a hand to shake. Finally, Some respect! I gave up on my plan of lecturing and took his hand in mine and shook it.
"Apology accepted."

"Anyway" Mr Boatsy cut in. "You might want to check out his old apartment. No running off this time Monty."

"No Mr Boatsy, but won't we need a warrant?" Monty asked.

Mr Boatsy shook his head slowly. "Because He is missing you won't. Now go do you job." He ushered us out of his office and slammed the door behind us, you could still hear his tired groans from inside.