Chapter 11 - Against my better judgment

It had been 2 weeks since the dramatic event that caused me a two day concussion in hospital happened. In that time Jack Johnson, although pleased not guilty, had been convicted with a life time prison sentence of twelve murders along with taking and buying drugs. He had no alibi, CCTV had caught him around every crime scene. Sylvia had taken a photo of herself and Jack-Jack unknowing he had a knife at hand ready to kill. Hence why he took the camera.

Right now, against my better judgement I'm driving to H.M.P Pentonville prison. I have to know why he murdered his fans especially when they loved him so. It couldn't have just been the drugs.

I got to the empty visiting room and flashed my badge at the security guard. "Twenty minutes alone with Jack Johnson please." The security guard walked off down a hall on the prisoner's side of the speaking screen. A few minutes later  the guard comes back with his hand on serial killer's shoulder. He sat Johnson in a plastic chair.

"Alone please." I asked the guard once more.

"Twenty minutes." He said walking off down the hall. Meanwhile Johnson sat there giving me a snarling smile. We pick up the phones and bring to our ears.

"I'm going to cut to the chase Jack." -he nodded- "why did you kill them."-he tilted his head- "It wasn't the drugs was it? See I think you liked killing them."

"What do you want me to say Clemmy?" He raised his chin.

"How do you know my name." I fell back onto my chair and folded my arms.

"Research. Anyway" - he copied my actions- "I think you know why."

"I might not."

Johnson smiled. "You really wanna know eh? I didn't like it." -his smile shifted into one of the creepiest things I've ever seen. I curled my bottom lip- "I loved it. I enjoyed seeing the joy on there faces fade away" -his words quickened- "as I brought a knife to there throats!" He jumped up and had his mouth at the glass that separated me from him, a mad man. "And you know what? Ima keep on killing! Killing! Bitch, I'm going to kill you, your family and everyone involved with my case!" He was manic, the dark rings under his eyes really showed as he pressed his forehead against the glass.

I straightened my back uncomfortably, trying to hide my fear. "You're behind bars Mr Johnson."

"Nothing stops me." He blinked at me slowly as he sat down. I had enough of this. Immediately after he sat down I pushed my chair back and walked out the room, dropping the phone with a clang on the table.

I could feel his eyes digging into my neck.