Change

(Six Months Later)

~~~Jimin~~~

Jimin stood in front of the mirror of his studio apartment, trying to put together a good outfit for his last class before Spring Break. He checked the clock, noting to himself he had probably 8 minutes until Hoseok would be ready to give him a ride. Sooni had recently moved in with Hoseok next door, and Hoseok always got morning sex in before heading to work. He reluctantly peaked in with his powers to listen to the apartment next door.

"Oh yes, baby, harder-- FUCK that feels so good" Sooni yelled.

Jimin rolled his eyes and chuckled. He could hear them sometimes even if he wasn't using his powers. 

He then sighed at the man looking back at him in the mirror. He was wearing a white, long sleeve shirt with a Mandarin collar, casually unbuttoned at the top and sleeves rolled up at the elbow. His tan shorts and white shoes screamed springtime. He had gotten used to wearing a lot of delicate jewelry recently; thin necklaces, dangling earrings, and thick rings. He felt like he was slowly figuring out who he was, what he liked and didn't like, on his own, and even though that was sometimes painful, he knew it was for the best.  

Jimin finished gathering his books into his bag. At the end of last November, after spending a solid month living on Hoseok's couch, in a deep depressive state, he decided to finally do something; to be human and do what humans do. He took a job at Hoseok's studio, teaching ballet four times a week to toddlers, and he enrolled in the nearby college. He had no clue what he'd do with a Master's in Roman History, but he felt like it was the only way he could make sense of his past.

Jimin did take some shortcuts using his powers. He had to forge a bunch of paperwork to get into the program, and he was also creating fake funds to pay the rent, dumping a few hundred magically counterfeit bills into a bank account each month, pretending he was taking home more income than he was. But he knew he needed to get out of Hoseok's way and figure out his own path. He promised himself he would pay back every cent one day.

But this, of all things, didn't bother him. He knew that deep down he wasn't a good person. He had done horrible things to good people; the best people. He deserved to be alone.

Hoseok barged into the apartment, breathing heavy.

"Alright moon boy, let's get you to your 11:00am class." he said with a bright, prideful smile.

"I know what you just did, Hoseok, no need to rub it in my face" Jimin said, teasing his friend as he passed by him.

Hoseok, surprisingly, understood everything that happened. The night that Jimin walked back from the theater, Hoseok got a call from Beol, asking him to pick Jimin up and get him out of her life. Those were apparently her words, "Get him out of my life."

That night, Jimin told Hoseok everything. Every detail pouring out of him through tears. Hoseok listened to it all, patting and rubbing Jimin's back when the sobs were so strong, it was hard to catch his breath.

A week later, Hoseok brought home a bunch of beers and told him his own story, of heartbreak and loss and moving on. The two had bonded and Jimin would be forever grateful to him for sharing that part of himself.

When they arrived at the college, Hoseok turned to Jimin, "Don't forget: party tonight at The Thyrsus to kick off Spring Break. Sooni is coming, so maybe try to invite that cute girl from your class you always mention. You could use a casual hookup for the Break."