3

Todoroki Shoto doesn't know why he's still staring at that empty seat. Their sensei, Aizawa Shota, had arrived a couple of minutes ago and if his current expression is any indicator, he is not happy. Though Todoroki can't imagine a smile on the man's face either.

But that doesn't change the fact that five minutes after the first bell, one student is still missing.

The heterochromatic boy can't help but think back to that bright girl he met at the entrance exams. From her odd change of behavior to the swift kiss she had left him with, her visage remains at the forefront of his mind. Even now his cheeks flush at the thought. 

He has no ideas of her quirk or her scores on the written portion of the exam so maybe he is wrong but he still thinks that the missing student is her.

He remembers the pro hero Vlad King talking about her directional challenges so maybe that's what's happening here. 

Todoroki isn't the only student wondering about their missing classmate. In fact, nearly all of 1-A are hypothesizing who from the entrance exam may be filling that spot.

Near the front of the classroom, a boy with champagne blonde hair and red eyes glares at the empty seat. Blood simmering in his veins.

Because of this extra, all of them are left waiting in silence without anything to do.

Just as Aizawa is about to move on without the missing student, the classroom door is pushed open. A girl with pastel pink hair and red horns bouncing into the room. Vlad King follows a step behind her, a sheepish expression barely peeking through his stern face.

Aizawa deadpans at the girl's unbothered demeanor. In fact, she doesn't even seem anxious or ashamed.

"And who are you?"

"My apologies. This is Himura Miyako, I'm the reason she is late." Vlad King speaks up, his hand firmly placed over the girl's mouth and blocking out her answer.

"Make sure it doesn't happen again." Aizawa sighs. "Now that everyone is here put this on and go out onto the field."  

Miyako takes the uniform from her sensei and holds it tightly against her chest. Her red eyes linger on the blue material, excitement brewing in her stomach the longer she stares. 

Some of her classmates shoot her dirty looks as they squeeze past her and out into the hallway. She pays them little attention, still enraptured by the breathable fabric she has been gifted. 

"You should head to the locker rooms." A girl with black spiky hair in a ponytail comments as she pauses on her way past the pinkette. Miyako drops the uniform to her side instantly. Her attention solely focused on her new potential friend. 

"Hi! I'm Himura Miyako!" 

"Yaoyorozu Momo." The girl answers, slightly taken aback by the abrupt introduction. Yaoyorozu does suppose that that is what you're supposed to do on the first day of school but it doesn't seem like an appropriate response to what she initially said. 

"Where did you say we were supposed to go?" The pinkette tilts her head as question marks float around her. 

It takes a moment for Yaoyorozu to process the girl's question but when she does she can't help but smile in sympathy. 'Poor girl has no idea what's going on', she thinks to herself. 

"The locker rooms where we can change into our uniforms." Yaoyorozu takes the girl's hand. "Follow me." 

Miyako doesn't question the girl's action. She threads her fingers through the ravenette's, her eyes wandering around the nearly barren hallways as they walk to the locker rooms. Yaoyorozu guides the girl to where the rest of their female classmates are and instructs her to change into their gym uniform.