10

Having a strong quirk almost guaranteed an even stronger drawback. Miyako was no exception to this. When she was younger she spent nearly a month in the hospital after using her quirk for too long. 

By now she knew the warning signs of her drawback creeping up on her. 

The first sign was always the chills. 

Miyako typically ran warm due to her quirk processing her blood much faster throughout her body so she wasn't used to being cold. The only time she was ever really cold was when her quirk drawbacks hit her. 

Like right now. 

Mina and Miyako were nearly to the lunchroom when the red-horned girl started shivering. Immediately Mina attributed this reaction to the two of them passing under the AC and Miyako not wearing her blazer. But when Miyako's nose started to run and her face started to get red, Mina knew that was not the case. 

"Are you okay?"

"Oh, I guess it's time." Miyako coughs into her elbow. 

"Time?"

"Yeah." Miyako untangles herself from Mina and swings her backpack to her front. "I get really sick the day after I use my quirk. You know, chills, runny nose, cough, fever, all the fun stuff. I also get more susceptible to any sicknesses that I get exposed to."

Miyako unzips her backpack to reveal a thick green fuzzy poncho. Unfurling the poncho, the girl reveals that the UA logo is stitched onto the front. Mina highly doubts that it's standard UA merchandise but lets it pass as Miyako starts shaking even harder. 

Slipping into the thick poncho, Miyako pulls the hood over her head and tightens the strings to make the hood encase her whole face. The top of the hood even has two holes at the top that allow the girl's horns to stick through. 

Although Miyako hated sleeves with a passion, the poncho was an exception. The poncho didn't restrict her arms nor did it wrap around them as snuggly. In fact, the poncho was the idea of the principal of UA after witnessing the pinkette struggling with a blanket after her separate recommendation exams. 

The devilish girl finishes off her defense with a pink paper mask. She fiddles with the strings secured behind her ears. 

"Looks like you're all prepared!" Mina smiles, running her hands over the fuzzy hood of Miyako's poncho. Mina couldn't help but note how absolutely adorable Miyako looked in her get-up. 

The poncho ended at Miyako's knee's so it made her look much smaller than usual and her horns peeking out from the top were icing on the cake. Miyako's adorable red eyes looked even bigger now that they were the only visible part of her face what with the mask and hood blocking everything else. 

Miyako relaces herself with Mina and tugs the girl back in the direction they were heading in previously. "I'm gonna get so many different types of soup today! Tomato, clam chowder, ramen, udon, and you can't forget soba!"

"Are you sure you can eat that much?" Mina laughs. 

"Well, it depends on if the clam chowder is in a bread bowl or not." Miyako shrugs causing Mina to laugh even harder. 

Finally making it to the lunchroom, the two girls proceed to get their food and make their way to a table. Miyako having sat with third years at her lunch period wasn't really sure where Mina and her other classmates had decided to eat. 

Over her tray of five different soups, Miyako spots the spiky blonde-haired dude from yesterday's training exercise. She recalls his cool costume but also his terrifying display of aggression.