Chapt. 5

Chris's POV

Keeis and Antonio walked into the locker room, holding their bags. "What's up?" Antonio dapped Mijo and me up. "Where Anthony?" I asked. 

"Said he wasn't playin' this year." Keeis shrugged, taking off his shirt. "Damn, he slipping." Mijo replied. We all got dressed into our gym clothes, then walked out with the rest of the niggas. 

"Ay, am I late?" A dude walked in, holding his bags. "Nah, but you better hurry." Keeis said.

"Who is that?" I asked, as he was walking past. "Blaze. He new." 

"Oh, that's him." I nodded, remembering Milan saying that he was from Compton. The try-outs weren't nothing. I just put half of the effort in because I knew that Coach Moore was going to let me play regardless. I still don't see why he makes me try-out.

________________________

"Hey, how'd try-outs go?" Braylen asked, walking in with the cheerleading team. "It wasn't nothing. What about yours?" "Just ran the track, and did a few cheers." She shrugged.

"You gonnna' give me a ride home?" Braylen asked, smiling. "Yeah, just get your things." I replied. She nodded, jogging off. I couldn't help but to look at her ass, she was pretty thick.

After taking a long time, Braylen finally came out the lcoker room followed by her friend, Jayda. "Hey, Chris." She smiled.

"What's up, j?" "Not much, heard you got a li'l girlfriend named... Milan, that trrue?" She asked. "Nah, we're just cool."

Braylen scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Um, yeah.. I'll see you later," she waved to Jayda, walking off. 

"What y'all doin' later?" I asked, walking behind her. "Going to a party, why?" Braylen answered, pushing the double-door open with her hip. "Cause I might want to go."

"Mm, as long as you aren't bringing that Milan chick." "What's wrong with her?" I asked. "Chris, be serious. That girl couldn't keep up with you even if she wanted to," she shrugged.

It was true. I was on a whole different level than Milan, and I'm sure she knew it. But that didn't mean she couldn't go to a party with me. I mean, what could a party do? 

"Just mind ya' business," I said, shaking my head. "Mind my business? Chris, are you taking up for her?" Braylen asked, looking at me. "Yes, because all of you tak about her. Damn, can you all at least get to know her?"

Braylen kissed her teeth, "I think it's better if I catch a ride with someone else."

I shrugged, unlocking my car doors. Everybody wanted to talk so bad about Milan, just because she wasn't like the rest of us. Hell, we were all the same in a way. 

--------------------

"Hello?" Milan answered her phone. "Ay, do you think your parents'll let you come out with me?" "Um, hold on.."

A few minutes later she came back onto the phone, "Chris?" "Yeah?"

"I can go, but they want to meet you," she mumbled. "A'ight." I said. "You're really going to do this?" "Yeah, I'll be over there in a hour so get dressed."

I opened my closet door, searching for a shirt that would cover up most of my tattoos. After finally deciding on a crewneck and cargos, I walked out of the house.

Milan opened the door, looking nervous. Her outfit was somewhat similar to mine, but she looked good as hell. "Just act normal," she shrugged.

I followed her into the house, feeling a little nervous myself. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I wasn't supposed to be meeting her parents. This was supposed to be a small bet, but the farther I got along, the more deeper things got.