Chapt. 28

| Milan|

Chris honked his horn again. I sighed, unplugging my straightener then grabbing my bag. We've been chilling together a lot more and I actually like being around him. His conceited ways have changed tremendously.

Although, Chris and I still have feelings for one another I've decided that we won't jump into anything until the baby is born. Everything seems to be heading into the right place as of now.

"You look nice but you took a long time," he said.

"Well, whatever. Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Chris replied.

Our ride was silent. He was driving while I was texting Imani. She's been going through some things with Jason and is asking me for help. Out of all people she came to the most inexperienced person. What Chris and I have gone through is bad but not that much when you compare us to a lot of other teen relationships.

The car came to a stop and I looked up to see that we were parked near Santa Monica's pier.

"We didn't get to spend Christmas or the New Year together so I figured I'd make up for it."

"This is sweet but I can barely do any of the things here," I replied.

"We'll find something," he nodded. We walked up to the ramp leading to the pier.

It was packed with all types of people. They looked to be having a good time so I figured it wasn't that bad. The first thing I noticed was a ferris wheel.

"Chris," I nudged him, pointing to it. "Nah, it isn't safe. Sorry."

"Um, why not? I'm pretty sure I can get on," I said. He shook his head no then looked towardce the arcade. A bunch of little kids were running around. Just looking at it made me mad. Chris still has that kid in him so I know he'll be in there all day and I wasn't having that. He's 18 now.

"No, how about we go to eat instead?" Chris's smile went away and I could tell he was annoyed, but he agreed anyways.

• • •

After walking around for a few minutes, trying to choose a restaurant we'd both like, we decided on Border Grill. My mouth was watering as soon as we stepped in. I already knew what I wanted. A well done steak.

The waitress handed our menus. "What can I get you to drink?"

She was facing Chris the whole time though. It really didn't make me that mad though because I was used to it by now. He ordered both of our drinks then she walked off.

"She's pretty," I said to Chris. He nodded in agreement, looking over his menu.

"You're not going to talk to her?" "No, I'm good."

"Hm," I rolled my eyes, opening my menu. I was just trying to see if those player ways were still somewhere in there but I guess not.

Maybe he's really changing this time. I hit his foot with mine, smiling. Chris hit mine back, smiling.

| Chris |

Milan and I walked out of the restaurant. "I'm full as fuck," I stated, rubbing my stomach.

She chuckled, looking up at me.

The night was falling so the pier was lit up. I wish we could get on these rides because that would've honestly made my night. I unlocked my car doors and we got inside.

"Thank you," Milan said once we were settled in and driving away.

"You're welcome," I smiled. If it could be this peaceful all the time then it would be good. We all know that this situation will not be all peaches and cream for long. Soon one of us will end up fucking it up. She rested her hand on mine then started tracing my tattoos. I planned on getting a whole lot more soon. Maybe after my daughter or son is born. I already know this going to be a lot for me to handle but I'm ready for it all. If she wants to do this together then we can. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with Joyce. I've disappointed her enough and this will either make my mama happy , sad, or mad. Maybe all. Happy that we'll have a new addition to the family, sad that I'm growing up, and mad that I didn't let her know sooner.