Chapt. 3

Milan's POV

"Jenelle, wash the dishes." My dad ordered, walking up the stairs. I sighed, grabbing their plates.

My mom walked into the kitchen, and sat my phone on the countertop. "You can use it for one hour. One hour only."

I smiled, throwing the plates into the hot water then went to work.

"Where have you been?" Imani exclaimed through the phone. "Grounded. I have been so bored," I flopped on my bed.

"Why'd you get grounded?" "For going to that party.. You know how my mom is."

Imani cleared her throat, "Uh, what party?" "It was after the game."

Imani gasped, then started cussing me out for not inviting her. My 30 minutes was spent getting yelled at then I decided to call Chris.

"Yeah?" He answered, groggily. "Aw, were you asleep?"

"No, why? What's up?" He replied. I chuckled, "What are you doing after school tomorrow?"

"Chillin', you?" "Same. My dad's working overtime tomorrow. Want to come over?"

Chris laughed. "I'm tired of sneaking in and out. Why can't you just ask them to let you chill with me?"

"Uh, I'm not even supposed to be talking to boys." I admitted. "Man, I'm coming over there and I'm about to pull you out of that house." He kissed his teeth.

I laughed, opening my closet door. "Stop playing."

"I'm in the car right now," he laughed. I smirked, looking for an outfit.

"I'll ask if we can hang out, but I'm sure she'll say no." I said. "If she say no then we're still goin' to chill, right?"

"Um, maybe." "I need a yes or no."

"Yes, and we won't sit in my house... Or yours," I added quickly. The thought of being alone with him at his house made me nervous. We were alone before, but I felt much safer at my house.

"What are you doing?" Chris asked. "Trying to find something to wear. You?"

"Same." We both sighed then laughed.

"You're stupid." I smiled. "Nah, you stupid."

My mom walked in, arching her eyebrow.

"Um, I'll talk to you later." I said. "All right, baby. I'm going to text you tomorrow morning."

That made me smile extra wide as I was hanging up. It was my first time being called "baby" by him, so I felt special. I'm pretty sure all his other girls felt the same way when he said that or maybe it was just me.

My mom walked out as I turned on the shower.

In the shower, I thought about what tomorrow would be like. It would be a Tuesday, and there's alot to do in LA. Most teens were laying around after working hard at school, though.

I wrapped my covers around me and drifted off to sleep.

----------------------

"You catching the bus or riding with me?" Ma asked, grabbing a water. "Bus."

"Okay. I love you, have a good day and be careful. Bye," she walked out. "Love you too!" I shouted.

As soon as she left I ran into their room, and started searching for my phone. There was a lock on their top drawers, so I was out of luck.

The doorbell rung, and I opened it, exhausted.

"What's up?" Chris walked in. "Why are you here?"