Chapt. 14

| Milan |

(2 weeks later)

Ma passed me another bag filled with all the things she was throwing away in the guest room. We had been doing this all day and my hands and back were starting to hurt.

But this is my "punishment".

"All done," she smiled, standing up. "About time," I mumbled.

"Sweep in here then go take a shower." "Okay," I sighed heavily, sitting on the bed.

A cramp shot through my side, causing me to clutch the sheets and fall down slowly. I knew I shouldn't have helped her.

Instead of sweeping I took a shower then laid in my bed, looking at nothing in particular.

Chris hadn't called or texted. I'm guessing he was regretting even wasting his time on me. But he doesn't even know how I feel. I needed to talk to him so I could vent. No one else would listen. Blaze was back in Compton for Thanksgiving break with his mother, Imani was probably with Jason, Alex and Avery would just joke around, and there's really only one person left. Key.

But I barely knew her. She's been here for a couple days now but we only talked like 4 times.

"Jenelle!" My mom shouted. I kicked the covers off of me and made my way down the steps.

Joyce was standing there with Chris and my mom. I sighed, sitting on the step just like last time.

"Chris has something to say," Joyce smiled. He looked at me then said, "I apologize fo--" "Why are you apologizing?" I interrupted.

My mom looked at me, crossing her arms. "Let him finish."

"I can't do this," he walked out. "Let me talk to you," My mom said to Joyce. They walked off, talking in whispers.

I stood up and walked over to the door, thinking about what he wanted to apologize for. There is nothing to be sorry for. He wanted to do that, right?

Chris was leanning against his mother's car, looking around. "Why haven't you called?" I asked, standing in front of him.

"Because... I don't need to." "You don't need to call your girlfriend?" I replied.

He looked down, "We're not in a relationship anymore." "Okay," I shrugged.

Chris looked up, fixing the beanie on his head. "Bye."

I shook my head, walking away. Once in my room I laid down and watched T.V all night.

It wasn't going to be easy letting Chris go. He was my first everything. And it was all because of my parents. How can you stop me from seeing someone I love?

Yeah, love is a strong word to use but it's how I felt.

Sitting here just thinking about the situation wasn't going to help. Chris needed to know how I felt. I unlocked my phone then went to my text messages.

The last text was the one I sent to him saying we needed to talk. I pressed the call icon and pressed it to my ear.

The more it rung, the more nervous I became until he answered. "Hello?"

"Chris, we need to talk," I replied. "Who is this?" He replied.

What the hell? He doesn't have my number saved anymore?

"Milan," I said. "Oh... About what?" "Us."

"Uh, I thought we ended all that yesterday," Chris said. "Yeah, but I need to talk to you still," I retorted.