Chapter 27

The 4th week of July came, and so does the event. Tsukishima swore he could not sleep the day before the gala. All the sleepless nights of his crew were about to be judged by the scrutinizing eyes of the elite society.

"That was PARADIZO by Tendou Satori! Let's give him a warm round of applause!"

The male host hyped the audience, signaling the end of the fashion show. Loud cheers were heard from the crowd of elites as they watch Tendou Satori walk on stage to receive the bouquet of flowers from the organizers.

Tsukishima was biting his lower lip, as he felt nervous creep on his body. His feet got cold even though he is wearing his cozy Armani shoes. All of the preparations were done, and Yamaguchi has sent him away to the seats and told him they would be fine back stage. If its not for the reason that it would also attract clients by interacting with them, Tsukishima will not be sitting here in a table with VIPs.

A slight tap on his shoulder made him look on his left to see who it is. He glanced up and saw a familiar face smirking at him.

"This will be my first time seeing your designs, I hope I will not be disappointed, Tsukishima-san."

"Daishou? What are you doing here?"

His hair was swept to the side, allowing people to have a good look on his side profile. Daishou's eyes held a mischevous look in them. The formal gray suit fitted his lean and slim body very well.

"I was invited, of course." he said. Pulling an empty chair beside him, he sat comfortably. "My father needs a representative, so the good 'ol son needs to be here."

Tsukishima nodded. "So this is what Kuroo mean when he told me that you're richer than him," he smirked. "Daishou Suguru is a scion of a famous business company."

The unexpected guest shook his heas to the side. "I told him to stop prattling nonsense things about me," he sighed.

"It was quite interesting though. He told me that you work for the café even though you are already born with a silver spoon in your mouth," Tsukishima trailed. "Because of...a certain someone?"

Daishou let out an exasperated sigh. However he did not reply to his statement, therefore Tsukishima decided to cut the conversation there and shifted to another topic.

Tsukishima looked back at the stage as it was announced that it was INARIZAKI studio's turn. The lights dimmed a little, and soft twinkling music hung in the air. The backdrops that hung turned into large, blooming flowers.

He clapped his hands when the first model walked on the runway wearing a gorgeous black and white balloon dress. It was adorned with different colored flowers.

The next model made Tsukishima's stomach turn upside down. It was Suna, and midway when he threw a look at his direction he smirked at him. Tsukishima averted his eyes downwards and clutched his hands. Meeting this man in this kind of event is inevitable, that's why he needs to be careful.

The whole collection was great, to be honest. He did not want to feel boastful but he thinks his designs have much more impact. As it was now the final piece for the show, his lips curled into a smile as Kuroo walked from the backstage. It seems that Kuroo has been putting a lot of practice in his walk, since he looks immaculate walking in his all white suit. The cuts of the coat were clean and it made Kuroo look more handsome in his eyes.

His ears reddened a bit when Kuroo was walking back and he caught his eyes. Kuroo sent a small wink in his way, and all he could do was wave and clap. His eyes followed Kuroo's retreating body up until the backstage.

"Did you know that back then, when Kuroo was nervous he'd almost throw up and left the modelling stint," Daishou snickered. "He was with Iwaizumi back then, and all Iwaizumi could do was pat his back and get him water."