Chapter 36

"What? You want a goodbye hug?!" Tiberius hissed, flying up and perching on the railing. He was about to say something else when he saw the petrified Gidget. "What's wrong with you now?" he questioned, narrowing his scarred left eye. Shaking like a little leaf, Gidget mumbled, "I think there's something outside..." At that moment, the shadow appeared again, only by a different window somewhere in the dark warehouse. Seeing it, the old hawk flew down to the wooden floor, landing beside the fluffy white Pomeranian. Glancing over at her, he whispered, "When you said that your friends needed help, what did you mean exactly?"

"We might've busted a tiger out of a circus that is most likely wanting revenge," Gidget replied, her voice trembling. Rubbing his forehead with one wing, Tiberius muttered, "You guys are a bunch of imbeciles..."

Just then, a huge cat like shadow passed over both Gidget and Tiberius, hinting that the trespasser had just walked right by the big rounded window on the second floor. The two animals slowly turned around but there was nothing there. Looking up at the hawk standing next to her, Gidget spoke quietly, "And I guess someone followed me here." His feathers bristling, the old red tail grumbled in a hushed voice, "You think?!"

Before either of the two could say another word, they heard a scratching noise at the doors on the opposite end of the warehouse. Pushing Gidget in front, Tiberius remarked, "Well, since they want you." The hawk then took off into the air and vanished into the shadows, leaving the fluffy white Pomeranian to fend for herself. Huffing, she muttered, "Stupid old hawk..."

"What did you say?!"

"Nothing!"

The doors suddenly broke open and in crept a large male African lion. Gidget's fur stood on end, her entire body puffed up. Legs quaking underneath her, she mumbled, "Mommy..." Her sky blue eyes, round with fear, were fixed on the large cat as it crept over to her. His golden eyes were focused right on her in return. His pink tongue running over his sharp white fangs, he snickered quietly to himself. "A snack for Leo? Perfect..." his gravelly voice rumbled while he stretched the last word. Shaking his brown mane, Leo unsheathed his claws. And he kept coming closer and closer towards Gidget, who was too scared to flee. Her paws were rooted to the floor. Stopping, Leo bunched his muscles together, ready to pounce.

That's when a baseball bat came crashing down on his head.