It's not what you think

Nobody noticed her for a few weeks. Even though she was new around, school hadn’t started yet and everybody in town was busy with parties and funerals (they seemed to have a lot of those around there) and mostly small town drama. But people began to notice her at some point, probably because she was different; she had white pale skin, long blonde hair, almost the same color of her skin, but with dark roots purposely showing. Her clothes also stood out, mostly dark colors with a touch of bo-ho chic.

Pretty quickly the word spread out and there was a touch of curiosity on everyone’s mind, who was that girl? Was she staying? Was she here for a visit? Where were her parents?

Apparently the questions had to wait because she was always walking from one place to another, she only stopped once every now and then at “The Grill” to eat, but even then loud music blasted out of her headphones.

When school started all hopes that the questions would be answered faded away. She was a quiet girl, mostly observant, much like she was in a zoo and they were the animals. She paid most attention to one person in particular: Damon Salvatore.

Even though he was no longer in school, where ever she saw him she would stop, fix her clothes and her hair, as though she had something to prove to him. She noticed he always had company, mostly his brother and a girl, Elena Gilbert, some girl at school said “She dated his brother and now everybody says she’s dating him. Eww, right? But I can understand, they’re both pretty yummy. What about’ya, you seein’ anyone?”. That’s when she backed away. Nosey girls were very helpful, except when they started poking through your life.

But small details started to surface.  Her name was Jenny Humphrey, she was seventeen years old and came from Brooklyn. She also lived alone which made all sorts of rumors start.

But Jenny had no interest in rumors, she was only interested in the Salvatore family and co. They had the amazing power to grab her attention. They might be walking behind her on the street and without making the slightest sound but she just knew they were there.

Out of the bloom, the opportunity to meet them, or at least to see them for more than 20 seconds came along: Miss Mystic Falls, a black-tie event where everyone was gathered, and Jenny wasn’t about to lose it.