SEVENTEEN

We hugged and his chin rested on the top of my head.

I can't believe this is all happening because we were paired for a psychology project.

It wasn't even that long, and we still have almost 5 more months to go.

"I should've just told you how I felt earlier..." Jack broke the silence, I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?" I was puzzled

"I mean I fell for you before I knew it exactly. Since freshman year." He explained, I remembered him then.

He was known as a loser... and I've never changed my title. I'm known as the girl who is smart, a bit preppy and very isolated.

"When I tutored Finn?" I asked, he nodded.

"The only reason why I would stay after school with him." He slightly smiled, "I don't know why I pushed these feelings away for so long. And I didn't realize I wanted to kiss you so badly until I did it just now."

My heart, I swear it skipped a beat. "I liked you too. I just thought we'd never happen after you became popular when the IT movie came out." I say shyly.

"I thought of you.." he said, "I wanted to invite you as a guest to the celebration party but I thought it would've been weird." He explained

"Plus Finn said you'd embarrass him by saying you tutored him in the eighth grade." He laughed and so did I.

"I would never say anything about that.." I assured, he smiled

"I'm glad I took psychology..." he sighed, "me too." I agreed

He kissed me one more time, "thank you for being here even though it's past 11:00 at night."

I looked at my phone, "yeah no prob-"

11 missed calls

From: mom

Y/n where are you?

Hello!!

I'll call the police, y/n Jack's parents said you aren't at his place!!

I'm going to call dad too!

"Uh oh..." I show jack before he could panic.

"Oh shiiit." He hissed and we both ran back to his car, getting in we both buckled up and he drove back to my house.

Stopping out front to see a police car and two officers with my mom as she was sobbing.

I get out and Jack follows, we both run to my mom and she runs to us. Grabbing me she holds me tightly.

"Peanut you had me scared!" She freaked, "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm sorry mom." I quietly said as she held me tighter I felt my rips press onto my bladder I swear.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. L/N." Jack blabbered, "I didn't mean to do this, I just needed someone to talk to-"

"It's okay Darling, I'm glad she's home that's all." My mom slightly smiled.

She let go of me and dealt with the police as Jack came up to me.

"She called my dad." I said

"Where is he?" He asked

"He's on a business trip in Dubai." I say, "he won't be back for 6 months."

"Oh I see." He says and looks down, "my parents lock their house and the alarm will go off if I try and sneak in."

I look at him, "then stay with me."

"Are you sure?" He looked a bit worried, I nodded. "Yeah. I have an extra spare room."

"Oh-ok." He said as my mom approached us, she looked at Jack then me.

"Is he staying here? It's really late." She wonders, I nod. "His parents have their alarm set and he left before it was on." I tell her

"Alright. Well we have a spare room." She says and walks in, we both follow and give each other a look.

Once Jack was settled in the spare room I headed to my room, getting under the covers of my bed I sighed.

"This is crazy..." I tell myself

"Tell me about it." Jack spoke in a quiet tone, I sat up in my bed startled. "Jack! What're you doing in here?" I hissed, yet glad he came in.

"It doesn't feel right sleeping in a different bed when you're right across the hall from me." He chuckled and climbed in the bed with me.

I rested my head on his chest as he wrapped his arm around me, kissing my head.

"Goodnight beautiful." He said quietly and rubbed my back.

"Goodnight Jack." I smiled and wrapped my arm around his torso.