Chapter eight: confrontation

I drove away to Renea's house but it was very silent.
     "No go to your house." Renea said pointing to the direction.
     "Why?"
     "You don't need to be alone, I'll never leave you alone at a time like this again. You know what happened with Grace. I don't want to risk it Nazery, just please-"
     "I'm glad that you care so much about me and thank you, of course I'll let you stay I'm just hungry right now"
     "Me too, umm let's go to McDonald's or something"
     "Okay" I say and then turn around to the direction of McDonald's. I can't get Noah's face out of my head. The moment when I saw him crying, when he hugged me and what I said keeps playing on repeat. I can't keep thinking about him. I need to focus on something else. Maybe going out to dinner with Renea will get my mind off of things.
     We pull up to McDonald's and no one was in there except for the workers and a girl sitting in a corner with a light pink hoodie over her head. It looked like she was going through a tough time and I told Renea that we should go talk to her.
     "Hey there, are yo.... JESSICA?" I said in shock looking at her face that was filled with tears and red eyes.
      "Look if your here to beat me up or jump me or something stupid like that I don't care. Just get it over with." She said to reply as I sat down in front of her.
     "Jessica. I never hated you, I would never jump you or bully you or any thing like that. I don't think it's fair no matter what petty things I could be doing. It's just not right" I say looking at her with concern.
     "She's right, for as long as I've known her she wouldn't hurt a fly never the less a person." Renea said trying to support me.
     "Ugh can you just stop with your perfection I DoNt wAnT tO hUrT yOu. You may be the sweetest person on the planet but you have a bad side and you know that Nazery. I'm not trying to get in your head. I'm trying to figure you out. And I thought that Noah was a big part of that and I-" Jessica said as she stopped talking trying to save herself from what she was going to say.
     "You what Jessica? If I can tell you this one thing you can tell me that and we will go back to whatever we were before Okay." I said as she nodded. "Noah told me he slept with you and I just came here to get my mind off of things. I have to talk to him Monday and I don't know what to think or even if it's true. I don't want to believe it but I know that when he's mad he does anything he wants." I finished the statement.
     Jessica was quiet. Did she actually let him do what ever he wants that quickly? It's not fair that he can just go off and do whatever.
     "Well is it true? And don't say you don't know because it's an easy yes or no answer." Renea says insisting on her to answer.
     "Y-yes." Jessica says quietly sounding scared. But was she telling the truth? What if she was just messing with me so she could get what she wanted; me to be mean. It's not going to work. Keeping my cool is one of my good traits but once someone finds my trigger point... it's not okay. Last time that happened I had to move. I don't want to move again, it sucks having to find new friends and get adjusted. I lived here til I was thirteen then moved to New York and I snapped there. I moved back shortly after when I was fourteen and ever since then I've been taking anger management classes secretly. No one knows about them, not even Renea. But I can't let my cool down.
     "Why would you let him do that Jessica? It obviously effected you." I said to her looking at her tears as she wipes them away.
     "I don't know. I thought it would make you jealous, mad even or make you go crazy. I don't know why but I've always jut been so jealous of you." Jessica says as she looks away towards her keys.
     "That's alright, I understand. Just please stop with all of these stupid petty things and don't forget how we talked about things tonight. Don't go to school saying that I begged for you to stop or something so stupid like that." I say in a calm tone not wanting her to kill me or something.
     "It's honestly so annoying and stupid for you to try and make an effort to make her like horrible. What do you get out of it? Satisfaction from Grace.. because she's the only person that supports what your doing and sure enough when something or someone starts to hate you you'll loose her. Sorry but it's the truth and we've tried to warn you and talk about it before but if you don't want to then that's on you." Renea says, I think that was well said but I'm also not sure how Jessica took it.
     "Okay." That's all Jessica says. Just okay? Well sleeping with Noah wasn't just okay. We went to the line to order our food and then went home and ate in the tree house just for fun.
     "So what are you going to say to Noah Monday?" Renea asks me.
     "I don't really know. I think it's over just by how everything's been going down recently. Unless he has an actual reason or something crazy that I can forgive him with then there's no point. I'll still listen to him tho, maybe we can be friends."
     "Sometimes I think your too sweet for yourself." Renea says laughing.
     "If i'm not then the world wouldn't be so happy, someone has to be sweet." I say laughing in response. We go inside and stay up til three a.m. Then pass out. The next morning was something to remember.

————————————————————————
     I upload chapters every night around 9-10 PT (pacific time). Thank you guys!