Epilogue

3 years later

"Shit!"

Richie's voice echoed through the house, and he heard feet pounding on the stairs. He glanced over to see Eddie, looking extremely confused and exhausted.

"What'd you do?" Eddie asked sleepily, walking over to Richie and leaning his head against his shoulder.

"I was trying to make a nice breakfast for you ungrateful assholes, but I cut my fucking finger open," Richie snarled, blood dripping from a small cut on his thumb.

Eddie giggled and walked over to the cupboard, pulling out a bandaid and disinfectant. He quickly cleaned the wound and covered it up, putting the stuff away.

Richie hummed in approval, kissing Eddie's neck before he continued to cut up the fruit on his cutting board.

"I was thinking, Eds."

"That's dangerous," Eddie said with a wink, earning himself a playful flick to the ear from Richie.

"Wanna go on a walk tonight?"

"We go on a walk every night, babe," Eddie responded, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he turned on the stove and began helping Richie with breakfast.

"Yeah, I know, but I meant somewhere else. Like, maybe to the bridge? It's the three year anniversary of leaving the Hive and all that, so I don't know, I guess I wanted to celebrate and I know that it's a bad memory, but-"

Eddie cut Richie's rambling off by pressing a kiss to his lips and smiling. "I think that's a great idea, Rich."

Richie grinned and put his cut fruit into a bowl before grabbing two pans from one of their drawers. He then waited for Eddie to roll his eyes and put in his earplugs before marching all over the house slamming the pans together loudly.

"It's breakfast time, fuckers!" Richie yelled loudly, and soon irritated groans and stomping could be heard.

Bev and Ben were the first to emerge, Bev holding their baby girl in her arms. She had gotten pregnant not long after they all moved in together, so their baby was nearly two.

"Fuck you, Richie. That's the first day I've been able to sleep in for two years!" Bev snapped, sitting her daughter in her high chair.

"Good morning to you, too, Bev," Richie responded, hopping up on the counter.

"Get your ass off the counter, Tozier!" came Stan's irritated voice as he walked down the stairs, Bill stumbling sleepily behind him.

"Damn, did everyone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?"

"I may be out of practice but I can still throw a knife."

"Aw, Staniel! We all know you love me," Richie said, faking a sob and hugging Stan, who shoved him off.

Due to the money from the Hive and extra given to the group every few months, they didn't have to worry about jobs. All of them were focused on some kind of schooling, but for the most part they had their lives set for them.

They had all moved together to Hawaii, since Richie had constantly insisted on it, stating they deserved the relaxation. Everyone else was skeptical until he told them he found a house they could all live in that was on the beach, near to a school for Georgie and the closest town was within walking distance.

The first year was shaky and consisted of therapy courtesy of the government and learning to look past their paranoia that someone was lurking around every corner. It took time, but soon they all had adjusted and had friends in town and in their college classes.