Nation's Capital

There was something different about Washington DC. Even from the very first step she took down the tarmac, she knew things would be different here. It also meant a significant change in pace for the scenes they would be shooting. For one, the climax of the whole story took place in DC.

Since they would only be staying for four weeks, Dakota had Elena sent back most of the items she wouldn't need so their move would be a lot easier. She still had her trailer around but it only held her most necessary essentials.

This time around she wouldn't be flying out with the whole cast and crew since she had to fly out to LA for a Gucci shoot and then an appearance. Elena stood by her side through most of it, even the few emergency meetings she had for her upcoming projects. She also managed to squeeze a meeting with Zach Galifianakis talking about the possibility of her joining his next movie as the lead actress. She came out of that meeting feeling good about the upcoming project and let her agent handled things from then.

As she made her way through the lobby to reach her hotel room, she was beyond excited to see Jamie again. He had graciously offered to accompany her back to Los Angeles but knowing how much that would mess with their shooting schedule, she had declined but thanked him for the offer anyway.

"You missed him so much, hadn't you? You're practically bursting with excitement at the prospect of seeing him again," Elena commented as they reached the lift.

She turned to her personal assistant, smiling a little. Elena always had a good eye at reading people. As always, Elena was dressed professionally in her salmon-colored skirt and tucked-in white blouse, a big tote slung over her petite figure, filled to the brim with essentials. She could always count on Elena for anything and it seemed she confide in her as well.

"Of course I am. I'm not even going to deny it, you've seen how agitated I've been over this last few days."

Elena shook her head. "But you've texted and called him all the time."

Dakota knew how ridiculous she was being but that didn't necessarily mean she could stop herself. It wasn't even just the sex, she liked talking to Jamie about everything and anything. He just had an eye for things and she valued his opinion. "I know how ridiculous it is but I just can't help myself."

"Please don't tell me you've fallen for him already."

Dakota choked on air. "Are you insane? Of course not. It's purely physical between us. Nothing more."

Elena gave her a skeptical look. "Are you sure about that?"

She knew it was going to sound weird to other people but she also knew the arrangement she had with Jamie was the best one. Why were people obsessed with falling in love and putting labels on relationships anyway? What was the point? Wouldn't it be better to respect each other and enjoy each other company without any expectations?

"I am, Elena. I can't afford to fall in love with him and he won't fall for me too," she said with conviction. "And please don't pity me or anything. We've come to this agreement together."

"It's just that..." The elevator opened up to her floor room and they both stepped out. "You know that I only want the best for you right? To other people you might only be my boss but I consider you a true friend."

She nodded, she knew what Elena was talking about. She felt the exact same way. Along the way, through work and constant travel, she and Elena had gotten along like friends. "Of course I know that. You've been such a great friend."

"Which is why you should know that I think this is a bad idea. I know you have it all figured out but we're talking about human emotions here, you can't really control that."