Promises, Promises

Time went by quickly when you were having fun, had read once in a book and right then, she couldn't help but agree. Three weeks went by and they wrapped up their set in Washington DC. They all went away for Christmas for another two weeks before meeting up to fly together on the studio's jet. The studio kept a tight lid on the next location, only telling them that it was in another continent all together. Most of them knew it was Europe since that was the background the author used for the book but which country wasn't specified.

Even with that tidbit information, the non-American casts rejoiced. Maybe the fact that most of them hailed from Europe and would be closer to their motherland. That included Jamie, she observed as he looked forward to being closer to his children. He had told her that it allowed him impromptu visits to his girls even though how that would play out with his ex remained to be seen. His excitement made her smile as she pondered how sweet he was behaving.

Jamie had the girls for a week during Christmas but she knew he was a little down that he didn't get to spend the actual Christmas Day with them. For both his and the girls' sake, she wished they would come together one day as her parents had. She couldn't imagine not spending Christmas with both her parents.

Soon it came time for them to move. She joined the studio's jet to their secret destination. It was a ten-hour flight not including the waiting time from Washington DC. She slept through most of it since sleep allowed her not to experience motion sickness. She enjoyed travelling by plane but they had bad weather that day which meant a not-so-pleasant flight.

The moment they stepped into the Nice Côte d'Azur Airport, they were in for a welcome surprise. Even though none of them knew of their destination and they had avoided flying commercial to make sure their arrival wouldn't be known to the world, a small crowd of fans still gathered outside the arrival gate. Their body guards and the airport securities came to their rescues as the actors and actresses were escorted to the awaiting vans. They made a quick getaway though she knew by that night, the whole world would know where they were by the pictures that was taken.

Through the commotion, she felt Jamie's hand on the small of her back, urging her on and making sure she wasn't grabbed by the fans for pictures or autographs. Under normal circumstances, she would have gladly posed for pictures and signed any photographs but they had to be on set in under an hour.

Yes, they would be working right away. Since the DC shoot took longer than expected, they were behind schedule. Although she would be having time off this weekend, if she wanted to make sure that was still on the agenda, she needed to make sure they didn't need to do any reshoots.

Their set was on the next town over and the rest of the cast who didn't have to shoot that day were escorted to their temporary houses. Ted had announced that they wouldn't be spending too much time in France before they had to fly back to LA to continue shooting in the studios' lot back in Hollywood. So she took in as much as the sights as she could as she enjoyed the French winter air while Jamie slept soundlessly beside her. She knew he hadn't slept a wink in the plane over so he must had been exhausted.

She had been staring down at the same page on her script for the past twenty minutes. The scene they would be shooting once they got on set was an emotional one. For one, Peyton would finally realize that Samuel Stinson had been sabotaging all of her attempts at finding out her parents' secrets and that he had basically used her to further his political gain. Stinson was still seeing his long-time girlfriend Moriarty on the side, the both of them playing Peyton for a fool. This would be one of the arch in the story, moving things along as Peyton would be more determined to find out what everyone was trying to bury. She had been sidetracked for a moment by Stinson's world but she wouldn't stop and she wouldn't give up.