41

The Fallen

The Fallen

Nari's POV

Falling

Falling

Stop?

I stopped falling?

I opened my eyes and there was a hand holding me, I could fix the vision but he seemed to have brown hair... Minho?

"Let me go." I snapped as I swung back and fourth, but his grip tightened as he held me.

"No." He growled.

"Thank god." Hyunjin fell back onto the floor in relief, I want to fall! Why can't I fall!?

He pulled me up and I felt my heavy weight fall over his body, "what were you thinking!?" He yelled, breathing heavily as he fixed his hair. "I didn't want to be stopped." I cried as I laid on top of him, I didn't want to see his face, I was afraid to show my own.

"Seriously get up." He pulled me up and I was sitting on his lap as he sat down. I was like a koala, hugging him trying to avoid any sort of eye contact. "Look at me." He pulled my face away and forced me to face him as he forcibly cupped my cheeks.

"Who are you?" I asked trying to recognize his features, it wasn't Minho. His dark brown hair was shining as the moonlight hit his fluffy locks. "I'm someone who thinks he's not special either." He smiled. "Let's go out to grab a drink? I saved your life we should celebrate." He gave me a warm smile and picked me up, "I'll give you a piggy back there." He insisted. I couldn't deny so I replied with a nod. I looked around but Hyunjin wasn't there anymore. That's a bit odd.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

We made it to the café later that night, he hid his hands in the pockets of his hoodie as he walked alongside me, no words were said as we walked. I wasn't distracted anymore, I was able to listen to the breeze blow past the crispy leaves making an amazing sound, I was able admire these things. Thanks to this boy, my hallucinations suddenly disappeared.

"I'll order something for you...what do you prefer?" He asked as he sat me down at the back of the café, "I don't like coffee that much...so a cold chocolate drink or something would be fine." I smiled at him but watched him chuckle. His cheeks were a tinted pink as he laughed to himself softly. It was cute listening to his little giggles. "What's so funny?" I asked, leaning against the table. "I don't like coffee either, I find it too bitter, sweets are better." He grinned foolishly as he swung his head back, "Alright I'll go get the drinks". I gazed at him, watching his every move. I hummed along to the music that played in the café waiting for the boy to come back. After a few silent minutes he walked back to our seats and placed the drinks in front of me, I grabbed mine and took a few sips, feeling his eyes on me. He was quiet, but when he spoke it was so smooth and calming.

"Why did you jump?" He asked, the question that released from his lips made my hands tremble, I didn't want to think about it, the memories I was planning to push away just because of my own selfish feelings. "I lost too many people, I can't bare it anymore." I let my top lip rest on the straw of my cool chocolate drink as I watched his eyes meet mine. "I've thought of it too." His gentle voice spoke slowly as he quickly looked down to my hands, "you seem so sad, even when you smile you're eyes say something else." His gaze drifted to the window behind me, he watched the cars drive by waiting for me to answer. "I guess your right." His words were nothing but true, I was hiding something. I was hiding the fact that I wanted to kill myself just for my own selfish reasons.

Selfish.

Selfish.

"It's not selfish." He sighed. It was as if he heard my thoughts, I watched him tap the cup of his drink as he continued to speak, "trust me I've thought it was me just being selfish, but in the end, it's just society. Why can't we think about ourselves for once? Just us." He stormed off into his own thoughts as he spoke.

"Let's go out, maybe I could walk you home." He picked up his backpack and walked out of the café, I followed after him, his features were still hidden under his black sweater, it covered everything but his cool pale skin. I could see his pink lips as well whenever he spoke. "What were you doing on the rooftop earlier?" I asked him once I finally caught up. "I had errands to do, and I guess faith brought me to you." His lips curled into a smile. Droplets began to hit the surface of my cheeks as we walked. He didn't say anything but I noticed the rain getting harder, "let's get some shelter for now until the rain stops." I grabbed his sweater and pulled him underneath a small umbrella, that belonged to a closed up shop. I watched the shadows cover his features, even his lips at this point. I was a bit scared. "It's a bit cold." I broke the awkward silence, hugging myself. "Wait one second." He whispered softly turning me around so he could turn his sweatshirt off, "but you'll get a cold as well." I tried to push him away but he pulled the hoodie over me, "You need it more." He insisted. The warmth of his hoodie made me feel safe..?

I looked at my reflection in the window as the boy stood behind me, "so who are you?" I asked continuing to look into the tinted window.

"I don't think that's important." He whispered.

Lightening hit and the sudden flash of light exposed his features in the reflection.

"Chris?"

"No...sadly not." He sighed.

"Christopher has died." He replied.