between lust and love

Hi! It's me here! As you all have seen, I've updated the cover of this book and if you look closely it says "not your average fairytale". I just want everyone to know...I mean that! In this story, Sahir and Maya are realistic people with real desires, flaws and pasts. They will make mistakes, they will do horrible shit. This story is not a romantic one. It is a love story, but it is not your conventional sugary sweet romance. I've gotten some messages about the story being too mature or not liking how Sahir and Maya think, and all I have to say is I'm sorry. I understand if this is not your cup of tea but Sahir and Maya are extremely 'teda' people (as Harshad says) and so are their thoughts and actions. I love you all and I hope you can understand! <3

______________

(Sahir's POV)

Confidence was hot.

And Maya exhibited confidence like it was all she knew. Whoever said shyness and being coy is was a virtue, had clearly never met a hot-blooded man. There was nothing hot about a woman with a downcast gaze and blushing cheeks. Yeah sure, that might be the type of heroine you think gets the man, but she never arouses him. Believe me, I've been with two. Yeah, Zeenat and Arzoo were pretty girls and they blushed beetroot red at the thought of love, but let me be the first to tell you it wasn't exactly a turn on. Romantic, yes...but sexy, no. And sexy beats romantic...every time.

I smiled as I watched the makeup artists fix something on her lips and the cameraman adjusted the lighting, she didn't need it. Believe it or not, beauty was everything but physical. Looking at the statistics, most women have an attractive outer layer but how many of them honestly knew how to use it? Maya wore her confidence and ego like a damn crown and it was hot. Now don't get me wrong, her body could make a saint sin, but that wasn't the extent of her beauty, it ran so much deeper than physical features.

Her robe dropped to the floor along with my jaw. Thank god, the windows were tinted and she couldn't see me ogling at her like a teenager watching his first adult film. The soft red chiffon saree layered against her body was a match made in heaven. The blouse would've exposed her like a bikini had the saree not been draped across hiding a tiny bit of her body but leaving just enough exposed to ignite the senses.

She posed, her hands in her hair, her body against the mirror as she arched her back forward looking seductively to the camera. Her brown, caramel colored eyes were inviting me to wreck her, well...not me, the camera. But what I saw was the look on her face as if it was directed towards me. Now I'm not going to bore you with my rather obscene thoughts, I'm sure you all can guess that. However, I will say I have seen tons of models, some good, some horrible but I hadn't seen someone make love to the camera with their eyes like this woman did. She didn't even have to try.

Suddenly the lights stopped. I saw the photographer approach her. For a second, I saw that confidence falter. What had he told her?

She looked at him hesitantly. And then proceeded to say something as if she was revolting. He retaliated. She looked down and began taking off the pallu from her shoulder, looking ever so scared. Frightened almost. I could tell she didn't want to it.

Hell no.

I thought she was the hottest woman to cross into my world but if you thought I was going to stand there and let some photographer tell Maya to disrobe for a magazine cover, you really think lowly of me. I was an ass, not a pervert.

**

(Maya's POV)

I gulped as the photographer watched me begin to unpin my pallu. Being this scandalously dressed in front of the camera was something I wasn't particularly fond of. But it was the poison pill I had to swallow. Life had taught me many lessons, but one of the most important was that in order to win big you had to lose small. I was prepared to do this and I wasn't going to back down.