mrs. sahir azeem chaudhary

Hiiiyaaa! So glad you all were able to make it to SaYa's wedding, please do have some food before leaving! On today's menu is burnt toast and chili peppers (the bride and groom's favorite foods!)

So thankful to you all for being so patient with me and updates. Finals season is here which means I'm stuDYING so can't promise frequent updates till after the 12th!

I had all intentions to finish this story before Beyhadh 2 started, because I didn't want this Maya to clash with Maya Jaisingh, but that's not going to happen given my workload and then I thought SCREW IT! This is my story! I hope you all will still read and envision Maya as Maya Mehrotra <3

_________

Time stopped.

As he watched Maya descend down the stairs, Sahir thought back to when he first met her. A fierce, yet courageous woman. The fire in her eyes ready to set everything ablaze, the pain, the hate, the quest for revenge. All of it mellowed into the woman arriving before him. She looked ethereal in her red lehenga. Every inch of her was covered in the finest of silks curated by the finest designers of Saiyaara. Her face was covered by a sheer golden dupatta, but was still vaguely visible. The jhoomar shined on the side of her hair life a crescent moon, highlighting her eyes darkened with kajal. She was brought to sit opposite Sahir with the large curtain dividing them both. She had vaguely glanced at him but knew he would always look handsome no matter what he wore. Maya had fell for his charm, his personality but she couldn't help that his looks were surely an added bonus.

They were both brought out of their thoughts when the imam began reading the mandatory prayers before the ceremony started. As it began, the agreement of mahr was announced. Maya intended to forsake it as she was permitted to do so and did not need any form of money from Sahir, but before she could speak, Sahir had already voiced his announcement.

"50% of all Saiyaara's shares. I give Maya co-ownership to all of my company. Along with the ownership of my home."

Maya gasped upon hearing Sahir's words. She hadn't expected it nor did she want it. She had her own home, her own money. But she knew Sahir was not giving her this to show off his wealth, but as his trust in her. 50% ownership of his beloved company meant she would have the power to do as she pleased, the ownership of his house meant that he was securing their future together. Molding his vows into the façade of wealth, he had actually promised her his love and protection for eternity. Only Maya could understand this.

Jhanvi smiled at her daughter as she heard Sahir's mahr to her. She was glad that her daughter was finally blessed with someone who would look after her properly. She had made many mistakes when it came to love, life and her child, but she would never let a thing harm her Maya or her soon to be grandchild. Her Maya would surely live the life she wished to live. Her Maya would be blessed with all of the happiness.

The Imam turned to Maya and asked for her agreement to the mahr.

"kya aapko yeh nikaah qubool hai?"

"ji...qubool hai."

"kya aapko yeh nikaah qubool hai?"

"qubool hai."

"kya aapko yeh nikaah qubool hai?"

"qubool hai."

Sahir's lips curved into a smile that he could no longer hide as he was asked the same question.

"Kya aapko yeh nikaah qubool hai?"

"qubool hai."

He smiled as he answered thrice. It was done. Maya was now his forever, in every way possible. Maya's heart stopped at his last acceptance to their marriage. She was now his, in mind, body, spirit and soul.