the calm before the storm

I'm SO sorry I'm updating so much. I know I was supposed to do Adhura Alviida today but I kind of wanted to do this instead. I'm sorry y'all. I'm such a hoe for this story.

Maya sat up on the bed, wondering how she got here, but knew exactly who must've put her to sleep the night before. It felt so surreal. She smiled as she saw the rose laying on the other side of the bed. Taking it in her hand she held it close to her heart.

As she was lost in her thoughts, Sahir came in her room holding a tray. She smiled as she looked him enter with breakfast. It was always interesting to see Sahir, the great businessman, be an absolute gentle sweetheart when it came to her.

He placed the tray on the bed before sitting next to her and taking the lid off of the food. Smiling at her, he reached over and kissed her while gently holding her face. He wished for his every morning to start this way.

"Good morning, jaan." He whispered against her lips.

The term jaan had found a special place in her heart. She had boyfriends before but none addressed her with such love and care. Not even Arjun. Maya guessed such were the perks of being with an absolute romantic. One who found love in her every move.

"Good morning, my love." She said against him.

He left her face and lowered himself to place a kiss on her stomach. "Good morning, my little tadpole." He smiled.

Maya grinned as she ran her fingers through his hair as he talked to their little one. It was such a simple action, but it meant so much to her. Her heart was so full knowing that her baby was getting so much love from before birth, she couldn't wait to see Sahir as a father. It felt as if every happiness she was deprived of would be given to her baby. Her baby would never suffer life she did. Because her baby was Sahir's child. And lucky were those who got to experience Sahir's love.

Maya watched as he uncovered the bowl of porridge in front of her. Her happy expression changed to a sickened one as she smelt the warm scent of the porridge.

"Sah-Sahir!" She gulped. "No...makes me sick." She said quickly raising a hand over her mouth.

Sahir immediately closed the lid on the porridge before making her drink from the glass of water. He worriedly looked at her as she drank the water with utmost concentration.

"Jaan, are you okay? What happened?" He said while patting her cheek as she tried to compose herself.

"Nausea" she whispered while regaining her breath. "It's common in pregnancy, Sahir." She weakly smiled while looking at him. "I can't eat anything with milk, even the smell bothers me."

"Oh." He whispered, looking down. "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"Why are you sorry? It's your first child-" Her smile sank as she realized the words that came out of her mouth. The reality of truth hitting her as she spoke. The truth they had been ignorant of.

Sahir immediately looked up as she stopped talking and understood her train of thought. But right now, he didn't want to think of all of that. He didn't want anything interrupting his domestic bliss with Maya.

"Maya, have some toast!" He said interrupting her. "You can eat that, na?"

She weakly smiled as he offered her the slice of bread from his hand. As she took a bite, she sensed something wrong with the food but chose to stay quiet taking in consideration his efforts. She spread some strawberry jam over it as she took a bite from his hand and offered him a bite with her hand. They both smiled while feeding each other. Sahir brought the hot cup of tea up to her lips as she drank.