Here we go again -Part 6

The sound of my footsteps was the only sound that I could hear as I made my way to my detention. Pulling up my right robe sleeve to look at my watch and saw that I was three minutes late for the detention and he was not going to let me off lightly. He was kinda been a moody bat earlier but I don't blame him, he does teach so dunderheads. Finally I made it to the dark oak door, sudden doom soon awaited me but it can be all that bad can it? As I brought by hand up to the old looking door  I knocked on it and wait for that booming yet velvety voice to give me permission to enter.

"Enter!" his voice snapped for me to enter and so I did making my way towards the front of the classroom and stood there in front of his desk awaiting my orders for the night. After 5 minutes of waiting there as the silence filled my ears, I coughed clearing my throat so that he would even notice me stood there.

"Miss L/N take a seat and stop bothering me." his voice was as cold as ice towards me, I didn't think much of it. 'At least he didn't lose it with me about being late.' I thought to myself as I took my usual place at my table. As I thought my luck was about to finally turn around I was completely wrong. I pulled out my Advance Potion making book and placed it down on the table when I felt the piercing pain of the Potion Master.

"L/n, would you like to explain to me why you were late for your detention?" my head shoot up to him, for some reason I felt my cheek heart up at the sound of his voice and my eyes locked with his as I searched for my voice to answer him.

"I...I.."  I stuttered not finding my voice I was so scared of him shouting at me and thinking less of me because I think so much of him ' Just speak  Y/N, you sound like a dunderhead. He's going to think I'm such an idiot.' My thoughts ripped through me like blades. 

"Don't say such things Miss L/n, You are nowhere near the dunderhead that I teach you are very smart. But you still have failed to tell me why you were so late?" his voice sound slightly... caring? but then as quick as light he turned back to his cold self. 

I felt as though happiness filled my body to hear him being kind even if it was for a split second and found my voice again,

"I'm sorry sir, I need to use the restroom and lost track of time. It won't happen again." I said still looking at his dark black eyes.

" Well make sure it doesn't." He said with his usual coldness but as I was taking every detail of his face I saw a slight smirk pull at his thin lips. He turned his attention back to what he was doing as I kept looking at the brooding man and his soft features, how his pale skin, his black hair and eyes. I know deep down I was falling for this dark mysterious man. I didn't know how long I was stuck in thought just staring at him, but my mind was dragged somewhere else back to what happen at dinner and how everybody looked at me as if I was a freak and that killed me inside as it made me think of one man in who has made it his mission in life to make me feel that I was useless and that I meant nothing. The one man who is supposed to protect me and make me feel safe. My Father... I didn't notice that silent tears feel down my soft pale cheeks.

"Miss L/n, Is everything okay?" the soft voice of my Professor made me look up at him with my eyes filled with tears and his face softened as he got up for his desk and made his way over to the front of me. I whipped my salty tears with the sleeve of my rode and looked to the floor as my hair covered my face.

"Miss L/N, Don't be scared to tell me. I promise you can trust me." his voice was now quite and caring as it was earlier making me feel safe from any harm.

"It's...  It's just about what happened today at dinner that's all." I told him, telling him only half the truth as I could not tell him what my father has done to me. He will laugh at me and call me a freak too. And... and that will push me to the breaking point he is the only one that I have trust for, even if it's only a little bit but that all that I can give anyone right now.