Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Alex's POV

"What's wrong?" Michael asked as I stared out the window of our hotel room.

I shrugged, "Nothing really. Just thinking."

Michael got up, it was early in the morning. I had a terrible dream, so this was me trying to calm myself down. He sat next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"What's bothering you?" he asked in a soft voice. He brushed my hair out of my face.

"I just miss my family, my brother mostly." I said. "I feel really bad for leaving him when he probably needed me most."

"Henry's strong, he can get through it." Michael assured me.

"Our parents just split up," I said, "and I'm not there to help him through it."

"Parents get divorced. It's not your fault, Alex. Henry can do it. And so can you."

I rested my head on his shoulder. I wasn't so sure.

* * *

Michael, Luke, and I sat in Luke and Payton's room. Michael and Luke were well into a game of FIFA, which meant they were basically swearing at each other. They both got competitive, even though it's just a video game.

The door opened, and I thanked god that Payton was back. It gets quite boring just watching your boyfriend and his best friend play video games. When she walked in, Tyler was along side her. I had no idea he was coming.

"Tyler surprised me!" Payton said, as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"I sent her a text, but I guess she never got it." he said, kissing her cheek. "But it was nice to see you smile when I showed up."

I looked to Luke, I knew he still has feelings for her. He was glancing away from the screen, at the two of them. Michael took advantage of this, and started kicking his butt in the game. The game soon enough ended, Michael winning.

"Dude, you suck! I easily kicked your ass." Michael said, with a laugh. Luke just smiled back.

"Nice to see you again, Luke." Tyler said, nodding his head at him.

"Yeah." Luke replied.

"So," Payton said awkwardly, "Tyler and I were thinking we could go on a date. Do you and Michael want to join us?" she asked me.

"I'd love to. Michael and I haven't been on a date in a while." I said, as he came over to sit by me.

He laid a big kiss on my cheek. "Yeah! Our first double date." he said happily. "Sorry Luke, you probably feel a little left out."

"It's fine." he said, not looking away from his phone.

* * *

Michael, Payton, Tyler and I decided to check out what was going on, since we weren't from around here.

"There's a carnival!" Payton said, looking through the towns newspaper. We didn't know where else to figure it out. "We have to go!"

"Will you win me a teddy bear, babe?" Michael asked, with a pout. He couldn't hold his pout, and let out a laugh.

"That's what you're gonna win me." I said, laughing with him.

Tyler drove to the carnival, we had to turn around a few times, not quite knowing where it was. Michael tried to help, but we just ended up getting lost again. But we eventually found it.

Michael held my hand as we walked into the carnival. Michael paid for our tickets, even though I tried to pay for myself.

Tyler wanted to play a game where we throw rings on pop bottles, and if we land on a bottle we win the pop.

Tyler went first and started randomly throwing the five rings they gave him. He missed the first one, but landed the next four.

"Congratulations." The man running the game said, as he handed Tyler four bottles.

He gave one to each of us. "I would've made the first shot, but then we'd have an extra one."

"I'm sure that's why you missed the first shot." Payton said, lacing their fingers together.

"Whatever," Tyler said with a laugh.

"Let's get cotton candy!" Michael said, pulling me towards the cotton candy stand. He ordered a large one for the two of us to share. "Look, it matches my hair!" he said, pointing to the part that was a mix of lilac and pink.

I pulled it off of the cotton candy and ate it. He just laughed and took his own piece.

"We should go on the ferris wheel. I love ferris wheels." Payton said, pointing at it.

"Alex doesn't like heights." Michael said.

"Life's too short to be afraid of heights! Come on, you'll love it." Payton said, forcing us towards it.

Michael was right, I wouldn't even going on roller coasters. This was going to freak me out. "I suggest you don't force me, unless you want me to have a panic attack."

"Oh, you'll be fine." Payton said, as we got in the line. Payton and Tyler sat in one cart, and Michael sat down in the one behind them, pulling me with him.

"Michael, I'm gonna freak out." I said.

"I'm right here," Michael said. "It'll be romantic."

"How will it be romantic, when I'm just gonna worry about falling off the whole time."

"We're not gonna fall off." Michael assured me, "We'll be alright."

The ferris wheel started moving and Michael grabbed my hand, and pulled me into a kiss. He deepened the kiss and pulled me closer.

"See you're gonna be fine." he said as the ferris wheel got taller.

____________________________________________________________________

Filler!!

Hope you like their little date.

Sorry it's been awhile since we updated last but we have had school and it can get a little crazy. Alexis and I have both finally got a job together at MacDons so we will be spending more time together so expect more frequent updates.

Leave a comment! :)

-Amanda Styles [11/25/14]