Chapter 2

Dedication to @wow_kimay thank you for your wonderful comments! :)

Chapter 2

Alex's POV

We had been on the road for hours now, on our way to Canada. Some place called Fort Nelson in British Columbia. We were almost there and then the boys had to head right to practice. The bus took off a little later than planned, so they were running late.

I could practically feel the tension between Luke and Payton. Her confession of starting to go out with Tyler hadn't went so well with Luke. He didn't even like to look at her. Earlier she sat down on the couch by him and he looked away, crossing his arms. I didn't blame him, I mean he was jealous and probably heartbroken that he couldn't have her when he thought she was all his. But I knew he'd come around eventually.

When we arrived at the arena the boys and their crew had to carry all their instruments and cases inside. They were rushing while Payton and I just walked and laughed at how late they were. We followed them, but much slower.

"Excited to finally be on the road?" I questioned.

She nodded. "I'm so happy for them."

"I know, and they better win."

"Not only should they better win, they're going to win." she said and I quickly nodded in agreement. We walked into the crowded arena, scrambling through the people to go sit down.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom real quick," Payton said, as I was now by myself. I headed to the front, but was stopped in my tracks as I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry," an accent rang in my ear. Australian, I believe. I looked up to see a boy with brown hair that was swiped to the side. "You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, he had a microphone in his hand. "Are you in the competition?"

"Yeah, I'm Danny I'm the lead singer in Weightless." he said, holding out a hand. I quickly shook it.

"Alex."

"Nice to meet ya." he said with a smile. "Are you in a band?"

I laughed. "No, I'm here with 5 Seconds Of Summer."

"Oh, they're smashin' it up there!"

"I know, they're amazing. The guitar player is my boyfriend." I explained.

He frowned, but then nodded. "The one with the colored hair?"

"That's him, Michael." I added.

He just nodded again. "Well, I'll see you around Alex. I've got to get to sound check." he said, giving a quick wave. Within a flash, he was gone in the group of people and I was on my own again.

I sat down, and soon enough Payton joined me. "This place is so crowded."

"Imagine with it will be like as the competition continues," I said, "there's going to be so many people when it gets down to the only few bands left."

She nodded. "And since the boys are so good we'll definitely be there for that."

"Exactly," I said in agreement. We were both very hopeful for them, they were brilliant and absolutely deserved to win this thing.

"The first band to perform today is The Lucky Ones, you may remember them as the second place winners at the LA concert!" the announcer spoke into the microphone, the band came on stage and started singing. Each band got to play a few songs, but they couldn't play more than four.

The band was good, obviously since they got second, but they weren't good enough to meet the boys.

A few more bands performed, these competitions were huge and there were multiple going on. Some bands that aren't at this concert could make it to the finals, because the finalists end up competiting each other in the end, depending on how well they did in previous performances.