Chapter 1

Payton's POV

To say things were awkward with Luke was an understatement. I could tell he was pissed but he avoided me at all costs.

I hated that I didn't tell Luke. Of course I still have feelings for him, but its been a long three months. To be honest, I didn't even know if I was going to go on this tour at all until I saw Michael.

Tyler and I got really close because it was just me and him for these months. Once we kissed I realized Luke might not even feel the same way when he comes back. I was scared. Then I finally agreed to let Tyler take me out on a date. Not long after that we made it official.

"Ready to go?" Tyler asked as he threw on a new shirt. He wanted to see the boys perform and say goodbye to me before I left. We agreed on keeping a long distance relationship. Even though it sucks. I'm surprised he even trusts me to go.

"Yea I'm ready." I smiled at Ty and took his hand.

We walked out of my house and got into his car. He drove us to the venue that the competition was at. It looked like a a giant black building with a lot of buses and cars in the parking lot. It was hard to find a place to park. Tyler ran his fingers through his hair before getting out. We walked up to the building hand in hand.

"Name please?" A lady asked at the door.

"Payton Johnson." I stated and she nodded and let us in.

We followed the hallway down to two large doors. The loud noise and people talking seemed to be coming from there. We walked in and it was an overwhelming sight.

There were rows and rows of people and way on the other side of the room was a giant stage. There was a band already playing. They were good, but not nearly as good as my boys.

"Do you know where they're sitting?" Tyler asked leaning in so I could hear.

"Alex said they'd be towards the front." I explained and we began walking up the aisle. I soon noticed someone waving there arms like a crazy man.

Kim.

I smiled and began walking over to them and Tyler followed. They already had seats saved for us.

"The boys are up next!" Alex said and she looked as excited as I felt. This was huge for them and I was consumed with pride for them.

Soon enough the band ended their song and the audience erupted in cheers and applause. The stage went black but you could still see the band exiting the stage and 5SOS coming on. I bit my tongue to hold back screaming. I watched as the boys set up. Then then the lights came on.

"Hi, were Five Seconds Of Summer." They all said in unison.

"This is Beside You. An original." Luke said and Ashton started in on the drums. Soon the rest of the boys joined in, lastly Luke.

"When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky. To the beat of our hearts at the same time. So close but so far away.

She sleeps alone. My heart wants to come home. I wish I was, I wish I was beside you. She lies awake. I'm trying to find the words to say. I wish I was, I wish I was beside you."

He sang the words as he looked out into the crowd. He didn't sound like he usually did in practice. He sounded nervous but it didn't change the fact that they sounded incredible.

Halfway through the song I felt Tyler squeeze my hand a little tighter. I looked at him but his eyes stayed on the stage. When the song ended Tyler, Alex, Kim and I stood up and clapped while cheering as loud as we could. All the boys finally saw us and smiled.