The Girl Who Ran Away (Part 5)

Here it is again! Chapter 5. Sorry about the half a year break! I am busy with school.

Words: 2749

Warning: Fluff.... Lots of it....

Out Tonight

~~~

(

No I did not make Rent reference in the title what are you thinking)

You woke up to the sun shining at your face and birds singing outside. You had a good feeling about today already.
You looked at your calendar next to your bed.
It was your birthday! You hadn't been keeping up with days so it was a tiny surprise. But it was your birthday today.
You went to the bathroom to change your clothes. Jack wanted you to go to do morning rounds with him. Of course you wanted to go with him as well. That's why you couldn't wear dress today. Lamplighting is hard with a dress. You chose comfortable and cute trousers and shirt. You put you hair up and left the bathroom.
   Jack was waiting outside with two bikes. You had never seen the other bike. It was new. Well, clearly it wasn't brand new. It was very used but it was well cleaned and fixed. It was actually kinda cute bike.
"Gmorning, sweetheart" Jack smiled and walked to you
"What is this, Jack?" you asked.
"It's a birthday present from me to my lady. Now you can go lamplighting with us with your own bike" he smiled.
You walked closer to the new bike.
Jack came closer to you and hugged you from behind, pressing light kisses to your shoulder.
'Happy birthday, my love," he said softly.
You touched the handlebar of the bike, your bike, and turned it to the left and to the right.
"But.. How did.. How did you..." you turned to look at Jack. You knew he hardly had any money. It's hard to get any money as a leerie.
He smiled a little and looked at the ground.
"I counted all of my money and realized I had just enough money to buy a bike. I didn't use all of my money though," he said and took few coins from his pocket.
You hugged him, tears coming to your eyes.
"Oh, Jack. I didn't need anything. You didn't have to do this. You know that? Being with you is enough for me. Why did you do this?" you asked as you pulled away from the hug and took both of his hands in yours.
"I - I wanted to give you something. I know you don't want anything but I felt like I had to get you something.
You deserve the world, (Y/N)," he said and swiped a tear away from your cheek.
"Thank you, dear," you said quietly.
"Want to go to do the morning rounds with me?" he asked.
You nodded and turned to you bike again.

It was a beautiful morning in London.

No clouds which was rare since the last 2 weeks had been very rainy.
Your bike worked perfectly. You didn't have a torch or ladder since you weren't really a leerie. You just lived with them and helped with the lamps.
The lamplighting was even more fun when you could be next to Jack and both of you could see each other the whole time.
You finished the round really fast today. Probably faster than ever before. For some odd reason.
You started to head back home but Jack stopped his bike. You stopped as well and looked at him.
"What?" you asked.
"What time is it?"
"Ummm. About 8.30. Why?" you said a little bit confused.
Jack thought about something.
"Can we, uhh, go somewhere before going back home?" he asked.
"Oh.. Yeah, sure.. Any reason why exactly?"
"Uh, no.. I just want to... Spend some time with... only you," he smiled and looked at you.
"Where should we go then?" you smiled back. Spending time with Jack was always a good idea.
"Follow me," Jack said and you followed him to a park. Not the one you usually go to. This was a different and smaller park. There was a cute stone bridge. It was quite small but it was cute. You left your bike next to Jack's and followed him to the bridge.
In the centre of the bridge, Jack put one hand behind your back and other to your cheek and pressed a kiss to your lips.