The Girl Who Ran Away (Part 6)

Flashbacks are written like this

(This chapter is a tiny skip to the future so it doesn't continue exactly from where part 5 ended)

Words: 1758

Warnings: none. (What is this?)

Parents

~~~~

You and Jack were now engaged. It was true. This is your life. You couldn't believe it and so couldn't Jack.
Some of the leeries had come to help with redecorating the house a little. You had moved the beds so you could sleep next to Jack. One of the leeries had an idea to use fabrics as walls to make a small room for you and Jack. It wasn't really a room but it was a fun little area for you two even though the "walls" were almost see through and were literally just fabric hanging from the ceiling. But it's the thought that counts.

"I know what we should do" you said one warm summer evening while laying on your bed.
"Yes?" Jack said as he came to sit next to you.
"We should go and meet my parents" you said looking at the ceiling. Jack raised his eyebrows.
"You... Are you sure?" he asked. It had been almost 2 years since you ran from home. You were starting to get over it because you had your own life now. The leeries had completely adopted you now. And you loved your life.
"I think so. I would believe they are also okay with me having my own life. It has been 2 years. At least they should get over it. I want them to know that I'm engaged" you said smiling. Now looking at Jack.
"Well. You sound confident" he smiled.
"Tomorrow?" you asked.
"Wow, tomorrow already? I mean of course. We can go tomorrow" he said.
You kissed his cheek and laid back down.

(The next day)

You and Jack came back home after shutting down the lamps.
"Ready to go to meet my parents?" you asked Jack.
"Yeah! If you are ready" he answered.
"I am so ready" you said. At this point you didn't care about their opinion so you weren't scared to meet them. They can't be mad at you for the rest of their lives.
You took your bikes and headed to your parents' house.

You parked the bikes in front of the house and took a look at the house you once called your home.
Some of the memories came back just from looking at the house.

You closed the door hopefully for the last time ever.
You felt free.
But you weren't done yet.
You started walking. You couldn't run yet because your parents could still see you from a window.
You walked down the street and when you were far enough you started running.
You ran.
And ran.
And ran.
You felt so free.

"(Y/N) you okay?" you heard Jack from behind you. You felt his hand in yours. You smiled and looked at him.
"Yes. Just memories" you said and started walking towards the door.
At the door you took a deep breath and knocked.
You looked at Jack who gave you a warm smile.
Your heard noise behind the door. Did they see you coming?
The doorknob turned and the door opened.
You saw your mother in the doorway.
Either she had gotten shorter or you had grown but you were same height with her now.
"Hello mother!" you smiled.
"(Y/N)" she said surprised and hugged you.
She let you go and then she saw Jack who had taken a step to the side so you could have the moment with your mother.
"Hello, dear" she said and went to also hug Jack. You were both surprised. This was not something you were expecting even though you knew they would get over it eventually.
"'ello, mrs (L/N)" he smiled back at her.
"Come in. Both of you" she said and you took a step inside.

This was the moment.
You took your backpack with you and went downstairs. You looked around to make sure that there was nobody there. You didn't want to explain why you have backpack with you.
There was nobody there you went outside.
You closed the door hopefully for the last time ever.