As they walked, Gally said, "After the maze, I got picked up by a group and headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence. This group's been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done." They came upon someone who could help. "Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. Alright? And try not to stare."

They followed Gally in and heard a guy muttering to himself. Ariella figured this was Lawrence. Lawrence said, "Gally, glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened."

Ariella noticed his face. It looked like half of it had been burnt off in some sort of fire. He was wearing black and tended to his plants.

"It was a slaughter." Gally said, clutching his vest. "There's nothing we could do against those guns."

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung. Now, who are these people? Why are they here?"

"We need to get into WICKED." Thomas said, stepping closer to Gally.

Ariella nodded and joined his side. "Gally said you're able to get us through those walls."

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep." Lawrence answered, shifting his IV fluid stand. "Besides; that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible."

"There might be a way now." Gally said. "But it doesn't work without Thomas or Ariella."

"Is that so?" Lawrence asked. He stepped closer to the couple. "Do you know what I am...Thomas? Ariella? I am a businessman. Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you two?"

"Cause we can help you." Ariella said.

Thomas nodded. "You see, if you can get us through those walls...I can get you what you need."

"What is it that you think I need?" Lawrence asked.

"Time. Every last drop."

"Is that what I need?"

"WICKED has something we both want."

"I'll tell you what. Three can go for now, but one has to be the blonde one. The rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?" Thomas and Ariella each shook his hand. "Gally, show him the way."

Gally took them to a sewer entrance and brought a ladder down from the top. "Be careful, Thomas. Be careful, Ariella." Jorge whispered.

Frypan squatted and said, "Gally, take care of these three. Ari especially. She's like our sister."

"Yeah." Gally answered.

Newt sat down to tie his shoe before joining Thomas and Ariella who were already below.

Once they got into the sewer, Newt grimaced. "This is gross. Jesus."

"You're telling me." Ariella said. "I feel like I'm gonna be covered in Griever stuff all over again."

Thomas cracked a smile and said sarcastically, "Yeah, this is great."

Lights were turned on and Gally said, "Stay with me. We got a ways to go."

After a moment's silence, Gally said, "Thomas, you finally get with Ariella?"

Thomas nodded. "Yeah."

"It's about time."