six

god, minjoo was stressed.

she usually had her shit together for almost everything but this week just seemed to hit her like a truck. she had missing powerpoints for her upcoming speech to the grades, almost failed an easy chemistry quiz and practically was on the verge of falling asleep every class. something was wrong. so wrong.

the bell rang, slightly waking minjoo out of her restless state and shaking awake her eye that were threatening to close. just as she was about to leave, she hears her teacher calling after her. "minjoo, could you spare some time? i need to talk to you."

mrs. park was her counselor and also someone that had always helped her with student council issues and such; minjoo just happened to get her for a chemistry teacher this year. but not to be offensive, she thought the older women was a little to nosy for her own good; but she still loved her nonetheless. she replies slowly, swallowing hard, "yes?"

the teacher patted down the seat in front of her before she pulled out a very recent quiz, with a number minjoo never sees. the girl tries to advert her eyes, "i'm really sorry, i'll try-"

"i am always here to talk, remember? tell me what's wrong, this isn't like you at all. this isn't the student president i know." mrs. park teases, before moving aside the paper, giving a motherly smile.

"i- i don't know. it just feels like something is going downhill, my routine hasn't changed at all. nothing changed!" she cries out loud frustrated. "i feel so bad, i really do yet i don't know why."

the older women took a second before she replies. "perhaps, something happened with jungkook?"

minjoo blushes quickly. "mrs. park! we can't talk about that in school grounds!"

"what, it's not like i'll tell. and you definitely won't." she laughs before winking, shrugging the comment off. "but seriously- something happened, huh."

the smaller shakes her head rapidly. "nothing ever happens with jungkook. he's- he's perfect, i guess."

"maybe-"

"actually, i have a meeting i'm supposed to go to right now. i'll talk to you after school, is that alright?" minjoo put on her infamous puppy eyes, that no one could say no to. mrs. park just rolled her eyes and sent her on the way.

the same feeling ran down her throat whenever she talked about jungkook. minjoo coughed harshly before she made her way to the bathroom, wanting to take a breather. quickly skidding down the hallway, she made a sharp turn towards the girls locker room, where she bumped into a figure just a little shorter. "oh! i'm sorry, i'm just trying to get to the bathroom." minjoo leaned down to pick up the pieces of paper and books that dropped before she heard the same sweet voice.

"maybe watch where you're going next time." chaewon says before pulling her files that scattered on the floor into her folder. inevitably, minjoo was surprised, since she hasn't seen chaewon in the past three days, not even during lunch. she tried to convince herself that she didn't care though,

"chaewon." she coughs out.

minjoo lifts up her head to face the older who had the same fringe that draped across her forehead. scanning down her face she notices a small bandage just right underneath her eyes. she felt her hand instinctively wanting to cup chaewon's face before minjoo forcefully retract her hand that was in mid-air.

"we should talk?"

chaewon raised her eyebrows, not making a single eye contact before she began to stand up. "i don't know where you're going with this."

the older patted down her skirt and brushed off her shoes before moving out of minjoo's sight.

"wait- chaewon. i- can i get your number?"

it slipped out so fast before the taller could even register what she said. for a second, she thought chaewon would have had kept walking but the older turned around, resting her hands on her backpack strap.

"sure." chaewon answered too casually before sliding her hands into minjoo's side pocket, reaching for her phone. she typed in her number swiftly before placing it back with a pat.

everything happened so fast and before minjoo could say anything, her face was already heated and her heartbeat risen. thank god chaewon had already walked off to wherever she was planning to go.

note; short but i have more coming. i'm rushing a little because i just want to get to the angst.

⠀⠀