twelve

chaewon felt a hand restrain her, "what do you want, minjoo. i have a class to get to."

minjoo's eyes sharpened, "no you don't. you have a free period right now." she dropped her hand.

"and you know that because?" chaewon smirks.

the taller started to panic, it wasn't like she used her presidential powers to stalk chaewon and check her schedule or anything like that- "i just know things. anyways, can you stop acting like,"

minjoo stopped her in words, her mouth wanted to spit out all the horrible things to call chaewon but nothing came out.

chaewon cocks her head, "like what?"

they stood silently in the hallways right outside their classroom.

"like an- an asshole."

the older smiles lightly, "i get that a lot. i'll see you in detention today."

minjoo watched chaewon walk away before her mouth betrayed her. "this is fun for you, isn't it? this had been a game for you all along."

the darker haired girl stopped in her tracks and seemed to let out a big sigh. without turning her body, she mumbled just loud enough, "i don't know what you are implying but please stop wasting my time just because you and your lovely boyfriend haven't fucked in a while. or your hormones are just having some problems."

minjoo swallowed the words thrown by chaewon before biting back just as hard. "the problem is- is you! ever since you came back to our school, you've been fucking up everything. ruining my grades, my relationship with my friends and the boy i love. every time i see you, you make my insides turn and i want to walk away." the younger's voice was wailing, vulnerable and nervous nonetheless.

chaewon clenched her jaw, something in her broke. her eyes turned dark and she felt her body slowly make its way towards minjoo.

"so you hate me. god please, tell me that you hate me. tell me that i'm trash, and you can easily replace me with someone else." the older says, pushing minjoo against the lockers nearby loudly. she was so close, too close.

chaewon hisses, cracking. "i would love to hear that come out your mouth, princess." she lets her fingers run down minjoo's face before stopping at her lips. "because i haven't done anything to you but you're falling for it, aren't you? gosh, you girls really have no dignity. let's set the record straight, you mean nothing to me. so please just run back to that boyfriend of yours."

chaewon had a sour look, she was angry and she kept minjoo tightly restrained before she saw the glimpse of minjoo letting out a tear. the younger breathed rapidly, her nostrils flaring. she pushed chaewon right when the older was focused on minjoo's features. the taller let out a whisper, "everyone has been right about you but i wanted to give you a chance. never mind, fuck you."

right after her last words came out, chaewon softened. "fuck, minjoo. i'm sorry, i didn't mean what i said. i appreciate you as a friend and i was just mad-". before the older could finish rambling, minjoo had practically ran away. the black haired girl dug her nails into her palm before slowly closing her eyes. she took a calm breath before making her way to the library, putting on a characterized smile.

minjoo hadn't even register the words she or chaewon has truly said before she felt hot tears running down her face. she found herself locked in a bathroom stall after running away for too long.

minjoo slowly slid down to the toilet seat, dropping her bags on the ground. she felt out of control as she only felt tears run down her face.

the walls that held her up, the walls that made her strong just- collapsed. moment by moment, they fall. salty drops fall from her chin, drenching her ironed shirt. minjoo presses her head against the wall as chaewon's words rung in her head. as she trembles she groans at herself. it felt as if it had been months since she cried but why couldn't she stop crying now? even as she forces her hand against the wall, it shakes.

minjoo slowly felt like she was out of touch with her body, everything seemed like a blur and her eyes no longer could fixate on a point. at this point all she kept on telling herself was it's raw. everything was raw, the tears, the emotions.

it had been almost over one full period where minjoo was left sitting on a toilet with her head in her arms. a bell signalized a break and as students quickly rushed to the bathroom, some found it strange that a girl wouldn't answer any of their calls nor come out of the stall.

yuri and yena noticed the accessories that were just peeking out the door before they realized something must have gone wrong.

"minjoo! kim minjoo! are you okay?" yuri yells, knocking furiously at the door. "fuck, can someone get the teacher? i think she passed out."

two girls nodded before pacing out the bathroom, trying to find the closest authoritative figure. yena was worried sick, the gap between the door and floor was way too close to even see to the extent of the bag. "shit, i feel like a horrible person."

the smaller of the pair wrapped her arms around yena before quietly comforting her. "we didn't know, she'll be okay."

the student body president found herself in a decently sized bed, which was quite comfortable to be frank. the girl slowly let her eyes open, eyeing the large bronze curtains. she looked up at the ceiling to see reflective marble, why did everything seem so expensive here?

minjoo was still in a haze when she heard the door open, "you're awake, thank god."

⠀⠀