ten

chaewon parked the car in the lot with just a few other vehicles nearby, a continent store was also just right ahead, she notices. she closes the engines before unbuckling her own seatbelt.

"this is so surreal." she heard minjoo say under her breath, shaking her head.

chaewon turned to look at her. "what is?"

"being here with you." minjoo chuckles before opening the car door, walking into the cold night. the two had spent almost an hour driving to hangang river and it was quite the bonding experience as one could say.

"that's cute." the older replies pulling a thick padded jacket, throwing it on top of her body, making sure she grabs her purse as well. "it isn't like i would've expected us here either but here we are, right?"

"oh please, i didn't mean it in a sweet way at all." minjoo says continuing to move forward until she found a spot for them to resort by. the grass felt freshly trimmed and the breeze was cool; it felt too comfortable to be just a ground to lay on.

the younger laid herself flat onto the ground, accidentally throwing her head back a little too hard. coming in contact with the floor she started whining out loud and rubbing her head softly.

chaewon widened her eyes in slight worry. "oh my god, are you okay? i've never met anyone as clumsy as you... stay still."

the older quickly squats by minjoo, raising the other's head slightly before sliding the jacket, that was on her, underneath; providing a nice and soft cushion for the younger. minjoo could feel her stomach twist like knots before she looked away, frantically trying to rid the blush creeping on her face.

"are you blushing?" chaewon barks, settling down on the ground whilst leaning on her arms to face minjoo. "i thought you hated me."

"i do, shut up." the younger days, rolling her eyes, scooting away from the other.

"oh, is that so." chaewon remarks, pulling minjoo's chin so she could see her little smile. "you're so cute."

"stop, i- i have a boyfriend." minjoo timidly says, eyeing chaewon's face under the moonlight. "and he wouldn't be too happy if he knew what you are doing at this time."

"doing what exactly?" the older says, pulling away and laying down next to the girl. "we're just friends. i'm sure that airhead can understand."

"right." minjoo was silent after the reply. right, they were just friends. she didn't know why she got so worked up over those gestures chaewon pulled because she swore yuri and yena did them all the time around her. "also, he's not an airhead."

"love really does blind you." chaewon replies before rolling onto her back, her eyes sparkling underneath the stars.

minjoo turned to face the older, and chaewon's face was replaced by the same emotionless expression. she oddly loved the way chaewon smiled and how her voice was always so soft but again it felt as if chaewon was constantly trying to get in her head, messing up her feelings before turning right away each time.

"what are you thinking about?" chaewon slurs before humming a tune. "you're awfully quiet."

"nothing." minjoo lies before closing her eyes, enjoying the weather while she can.

"thought we were closer than to lie." the blacked hair girl said before moving to lay a little too close to minjoo for comfort. she also had to intertwine their hands, just for the sake of it - of course.

minjoo panicked a little, eyes shooting wide open before she started to remove her hands, but instead the older just tugged harder. "stop, this isn't right"