nine

minjoo plopped down onto her bed, fresh out of the shower, dressed in an over sized t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. debating whether she apologized over text or in person, she still chose the classic method, which was to find yuri tomorrow for a proper apology (she was a little drained either ways).

she picked up her phone by the nightstand, scrolled aimlessly for a good hour before she finally decided it was time to rest. it was pretty late too, almost midnight. she laid herself down on her mattress, shutting her eyes tightly, hoping to doze off into sleep, to escape all her worries and stress; yet it seemed the harder she tried to relax, the harder it was for her to sleep.

minjoo tossed and turned in her sheets, desperately trying to drown in sleep but nothing seemed to work. she suddenly remembered her talk with yena right before chaewon's appearance at wing's...

"it feels weird. there used to be something in the way he laughed that reminds me of my better self. he has the kind of creative brain that brings such magic and interest to life, one that enjoys the sparking of ideas. he sung and danced for me, with that same dorky smile. he walked me to my classes, he did everything you expect a boyfriend could do. that was when i realized, i had a crush on him. one that could last as such gentle admiration does." minjoo explains, her feelings weighing her down.

"and what changed that?" the older comforted, offering a hand to the girl sitting in front of her.

"i can't make out what is wrong and it is frustrating, because i want to love him."

"but you don't." the soft jazz music played on the background as yena and minjoo sat in silence. the truth hurts, like a sting to the tongue. and despite how much minjoo claims she could love jungkook, she didn't. at least not anymore and they both knew.

minjoo felt like a freak. her feelings for her boyfriend fading without reason worried her. she wasn't some heartless monster but instead, she craved the affection, yet the recent kisses and hugs jungkook gave her made her stomach twist in despair. she felt angry at herself, she lost yuri to talk to and yena seemed a little disappointed at her earlier the night; her friends are all so busy with their own lives and troubles, minjoo didn't want to be a burden.

the brunette sat in her bed, huddled up, scrolling through her contacts just for someone to talk to, let her emotions run free. scrolling past names after names, she really didn't want to. she really didn't but chaewon seemed like someone who could've been awake at this ungodly hour, and she was right. minjoo got a reply almost ten minutes later.

minjoo: hey... are you awake by any chance?

kim chaewon: finally found a use for my number, huh

kim chaewon: perhaps but how would that concern you, princess?

minjoo took a quick breather, she knew she hated chaewon, without a doubt. but the way she always talked so casually made minjoo's heart pound in her rib cage, faster than she would admit. ever to anyone. she quickly changed the contact name to something more appropriate before typing in a quick response (which frankly took all her courage).

minjoo: i am having trouble sleeping, to be honest

minjoo: a lot has been on my mind

mafia playgirl: that sounds like that sucks, have fun dealing with that :)

god, minjoo was right about hating the girl.

minjoo: wow, i really have a reason to hate you

mafia playgirl: love you too doll

minjoo decided the conversation wasn't going anywhere, so she left the messaged on read before snuggling back into bed. it was a horrible decision to text chaewon either ways, not like the girl would be any help. but right before she switched off her night lamp, she heard a ding.

mafia playgirl: send me your address

for some reason, minjoo was nervous. it was true chaewon was intimidating but the fact that it felt all too weird to go out with the girl at midnight was driving her on edge. she sat on her bed, fighting over the outcomes but still, she picked herself up to change into something... more appealing. minjoo moved her nimble fingers to type in her home address, hesitant because chaewon may or may not actually butcher her for all she knows.

it hasn't even been half an hour before she heard a soft knock on the main door, she thanks god her parents were out this week. minjoo grabbed her essentials and skidded down the door, breathing hard. it wasn't anything new, it was just like hanging out with a friend, right? but wrong, it happened to be someone probably dangerous and also extremely beautiful.

minjoo stood by the door for a few seconds, contemplating whether to run back and pretend she fell asleep or open the damn door. but her thoughts were interrupted when a familiar voice calls out. "i can literally hear you shuffle, just open the door."

and with that, minjoo slightly peaked open the door, faced with a slightly shorter girl dressed in white turtle neck and dark blue jeans, something that didn't look like sleep attire. but besides that, chaewon looked different under the moonlight, something about her seemed softer and more realistic.

maybe it was just minjoo but the older looked pretty much ethereal, that exact moment. 

"okay, maybe if you stop staring at me, we could get going." chaewon says with a shit eating grin, pushing minjoo's back slightly, forcing her to walk out onto the porch. "i don't have the time in the world to accompany some girl who lacks attention."

"you really are an asshole." minjoo barks back before reluctantly walking out with chaewon.

"an asshole you apparently want to hangout with." the older says, smiling.

the two walked in the breezy night before they stopped in front of chaewon's car. minjoo was in awe by how expensive everything and anything of chaewon looked.

"what, you think we are about to walk? in the middle of the night?" the black-haired girl says, giving minjoo an odd look, followed by a mumble. "i don't want you to catch a cold either."

but minjoo caught it and coos loudly. "oh my god, the bad girl of our school doesn't want me to catch a cold? you might as well ask me out." she rolls her eyes, before sliding into the brand car. minjoo definitely felt like she was going to get kidnapped but that was the last thing she worried about, in all honesty. 

they two sat in an oddly comfortable silence, some lovesick song playing on the radio. "i have wondered, why are you always dressed up?" minjoo asked, glancing at the girl who was driving.

chaewon had one hand on the steering wheeling, with another, awkwardly, on top of the console of the car. "for occasions like this." she replies with a wink.

"is it fun?"

"what is?"

"leading people on, hurting their feelings or breaking their hearts?" minjoo says quietly, looking down on her lap. "i don't want to talk about this but you really do just seem like that kind of girl, you know."

the older nodded, her head straight ahead. "sometimes."

minjoo felt uncomfortable. the question was sharp and invasive, she shouldn't have. but chaewon's answer was even worse. something in the back of the younger's mind just wished chaewon was just putting up a fake persona but she can't be sure now.

"nothing for you to worry about."

notes; okay 2kim is finally here, we love that !

⠀⠀