seven

"how do you know you love her?"

it was silent, like a movie on pause with a theater full of entrances audience.

"i mean, how do you know you love yuri?" minjoo had asked, keeping her head down deep into her biology homework.

yena had the urge to smack the girl and tell her to shut up (since they were in the library, with extremely strict librarians) but some thing in the air was thick and tense.

she chuckled a little under her breath, "why ask- we should go, it's almost six." yena move to stand up, scurrying to organize her paper and pack her pens that were sprawled across the table. zipping up her bag, she noticed the slight hint of discomfort in minjoo's eyes.

"fine, i hate you and your pretty face. let's talk about it at wing's cafe." the older says, holding out her pinky for minjoo, because they're still kids and the only form of promise was - yes - pinky promises with a stamp.

minjoo gladly nodded before she too cleaned up the sheets of paper and misplaced textbooks. patting down her skirt before she walked shoulder-to-shoulder with yena out the library and into the chilly night, stuffing her hands in her pocket.

after a short walk, they arrived at a local cafe, definitely small but underrated. the two high schoolers walked in, the bells chiming subtly as they passed by the door.

"eunbi!" yena yells before rushing to engulf a black-haired girl in a hug. 'eunbi' returned the embrace before slowly retracting, welcoming the odd girl who was standing by the door herself.

"minjoo, come! i want to introduce you to my favorite, favorite alumni." the duck-faced student chuckles, practically pushing minjoo further inside the warm cafe.

"hi, i'm minjoo! kim minjoo." the latter stammers before holding out a hand. she was met by a warm shake and a bright smile.

"i'm eunbi! welcome to wing's cafe." the older smiles. the older women standing in front of them had astonishing features, the prettiest smile and the warmest heart. minjoo couldn't help but smile and laugh along.

the two girls settled for a warm cup of mocha and green tea, along with some fresh desserts. just as they were about to dig in, the same bell that welcomed them rung again.

⠀⠀