eight

"i am so sorry, i am so sorry you always have to take up the burden yourself." the younger cries into the embrace, staining the older's shirt. tears seeping through the material quickly.

chaewon hushes the girl who was currently sobbing, reassuring and comforting her. "it's okay, it's okay. everything will be alright, i promise."

chaewon has never been good with dealing with emotions, even worse dealing with other people's emotions; but seeing her younger sister with glassy eyes and a scratchy voice every time she cried out, was enough to tear her heart a little.

"everything will be alright, okay? i need you to trust me." she says, stroking her little sister's hair, moving it behind her hair. "i- i love you."

the sky has just darkened when chaewon stepped out of her house and into her car, making her way down to a place where she had always loved before she left. she was sporting a pair of black ripped jeans along with a black blouse half buttoned. definitely an eye candy of all sorts.

the drive was rather quick, almost half an hour. chaewon parks her car near the streets before she steps out, welcomed by the loud chatter of people walking up and down the avenue. wanting to avoid people, she quickly moves to a store that was secluded from the crowd, the place was peaceful and quiet, which chaewon loved. the aroma of coffee beans and fresh cookies filled her system quickly as a smile crept onto her face right when the bells rung, signaling a new customer.

"chaewon, is that you?" a voice frantically yells before the figure moves towards the said girl. "i missed you so much, you're back. you're back!"

"eunbi! i missed you too, how's everything?" the girl replies before chuckling a little despite how uncomfortable she felt the hug was.

the two began catching up on each other's lives before chaewon reached the counter, greeted by another woman. "saerom, this is my old friend, chaewon. and chaewon, this is saerom, a new night shift employee." eunbi speaks, laughing a little at her own introduction.

"oh god, i feel so bad for you. eunbi must have been working you to the bone, huh." chaewon jokes before bowing little towards saerom, giving her a soft smile. just as eunbi was about to continue some story about what happened a few days ago, the store phone rung. the older gave chaewon an apologetic smile before she rushed off to pick up the phone.

"she's still always so busy." chaewon giggles before scanning the menu. "i would like an iced lemonade with a chocolate chip cookie, please."

the girl finished her order by sliding a crisp bill to the cashier, telling her to keep the change. chaewon found a place to sit, by the windows that showcased the bright night lights and people filling up the streets. she was so entranced by her hometown that she hadn't noticed two, or more like one, particular girls currently staring right at the back of her head.

"look! it's chaewon." minjoo whisper-yelled at yena, cutting off her story about how she met yuri, nudging her harshly. "and she just said please, that's so weird, considering how cocky she is."

yena furrows her eyebrows before she looked behind her to indeed see a close friend of hers. "oh! i didn't even notice, chae-" her call was muffled and stop by hands closing in on her mouth.

"what? are you crazy? no! don't." minjoo says pulling yena harshly, forcing the girl to stay in her seat and also stop her from yelling anymore.

"why? she's my friend! it's not like anything's going to happen." the older speaks before making an attempt to get up, out of minjoo's hold.

"i don't want to have her attention! i literally hate her guts, i don't want to have to deal with her again." she pouts.

"oh my god, fine! this is ridiculous, i can't believe this." yena says rolling her eyes before sipping on her warm mocha.

minjoo mumbles something before she started remembering what had happened on that date with jungkook a while ago or how indifferent chaewon was when she kissed her that night. she had sworn to herself that she should forget about it. but some how, things started to make sense to her.

her thoughts were cut off by the bell of the store. a man with a clean shaved beard and tight leather jacket around muscular body walked in, his eyes quickly searching for something; until it landed upon chaewon.

he quickly moved towards the girl, instantly falling to his knees when he met her by the seats. a string of apologies and cries was heard from the figure, who was twice the size of chaewon, yet the said girl kept her eyes on the stars that were slowly appearing and her mouth wrapped around her straw. she didn't budge. chaewon mumbled something keeping her eyes completely off the man, stirring her almost done lemonade, listening to the man's steps, quickly scurrying away.

minjoo stared in horror, then she turned to look at yena, who just shrugged. "i knew it! she's a mafia boss!" she says in fear. she finally realized, despite the little exaggeration. to her dismay though, chaewon turns her head slightly at the strange yells heard from behind the pillar, darting her eyes around the cafe, which was currently empty.

she noticed a browned hair girl, who jumped a little upon the eye contact made but couldn't quite make out who it was, since the person quickly retracted themselves behind the pillar. not that she cared anyways; chaewon continued finishing her late night snack before sliding off her seat, making sure to wave goodbye to saerom and eunbi, whom quickly returned the gesture, telling her to visit again next time. and just like that, chaewon was gone like the wind.

"i thought yuri had warned you she was dangerous. it wasn't a joke." yena sighs, upset over how chaewon was still the same after all these years.

"not like she's dangerous as in she's doing illegal things? more like dangerous as in she's pretty or will steal your hear or something like that!" minjoo says, completely bewildered and shocked.

"oh, you admit she's pretty?" the older teases, wiggling her eyebrows. "i'm telling yuri."

minjoo facepalms herself before reminding herself of how bad of a friend she was (she had decided she was going to apologize tonight). "that's not what i meant but whatever."

"yeah, yeah, sure. it's really late, we should really get going." yena suggests which minjoo quickly complies as she felt the fatigue climb slowly to her body. a yawn escaped the younger's mouth before they both made their way out the door.

notes; the build up is really slow but i hope you guys are getting on the very small hints of things... i hope you guys are doing well, and cheers to more chapters in the future !

⠀⠀