The Cham jihadi (2)

Summary:

Amidst the fear of border conflicts between Vietnam against China and Cambodia, Dora-the-Kid and Dora-nikov finds very little option but to act alone. Meanwhile, the Polish Archbishop and former Iraq War veteran Radosław Chiemycz, who has a surprising encounter to Kid and Nikov, also departs to rescue a victim from a story recorded by him.

As the police and military is assembled in the Mekong River's province of An Giang, gun fires occurs between ISIS supporters and the army. Kid and Nikov, who see the gun fires from the far, make a surprising strike and defeat the ISIS force. There, one of them challenges Kid and Nikov if they can truly capture Mouhamed Boukhar.

"Radosławie, nie można podjąć innego ryzyka." (Radosław, it is impossible to take another risk.)

"Tymoteusz, sytuacja staje się teraz bardzo wrażliwa. Seria bombardowań w mieście pokazuje, że się nie poddadzą. Państwo Islamskie nie przestanie i będę musiał to szybko przyjąć." (Tymoteusz, the situation is becoming very sensitive now. The series of bombings in the city shows that they won't give up. Islamic State will not stop and I'll have to take it fast.)

"A może trzy dni żałoby w Wietnamie? Co z ofiarami ataków?" (And how about the three days mourning in Vietnam? What about the victims of the attacks?)

"Będę musiał się tym teraz zająć, Tymoteusz. Moja krew GROM wraca i nie pozwolę Daeshowi kontynuować." (I'll have to handle it for you now, Tymoteusz. My GROM blood is running back, and I will not let Daesh continue.)

...

...

...

...

...

In a vehicle, a small truck one, the Polish Archbishop had taken weapons and arms, as well as wearing his old GROM uniform. Even though he had retired from the army in 2008, he had never forgotten the memoir of his duty.

This was him, Archbishop Radosław Chiemycz. Chiemycz cared about the victim and the people in danger, and so, when the three days mourning started, he left the big city to the land in border of Vietnam and Cambodia. He gave the task to Tymoteusz Barczewski to handle the problem in Ho Chi Minh City, so he could go to An Giang.

...

...

...

...

The bombings in the city had prompted the government to wage a war against a new group, in which the name was Champa Shariah Jamaat, which was the identity of the new group formed at least three years ago. Champa Shariah Jamaat was a Salafist radical organization calling for the establishment of Shariah rule, with Salafism as the main Islamic doctrine. They also demanded for the overthrow of Vietnamese rule in Central Vietnam and later declared support for Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. The threat however, was not looked seriously until the bombings.

Kid and Nikov had read about that when they traveled alone to the An Giang Province, which was now declared martial law, using a private vehicle similar to the truck Radosław was using.

"Shit ... Champa Shariah Jamaat ... why wasn't the United States issuing it a terrorist organization, given its tie with ISIS?"

"(The organization only began to appear in the aftermath of the bombings. Previously, they fought under the banner of Daesh in Yemen, Libya and Syria. Recently however, the increase of recruitment of members from Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam granted them to return.)"