13. "Sly Little Prick"

Chapter 13: "Sly Little Prick"

_____

"Hey Sandra!" Leon chirped as we walked through the door.

"Oh hello Dear. Who's this?" She says gesturing to me.

"This is Julia. She-" I butt in.

"Hello Mrs?" I pause hoping for her answer.

"Mrs. Parker but just call me Sandra." She says with a bright smile.

"Hello Sandra. I'm Julia, Leon's best-friend. I was wandering, if it isn't much trouble, If I could stay here a few nights. I don't want to go into full detail but my family are having some troubles and I hoped I could possible stay here while everything settles down." Kindness mixed with guilt trip = A guaranteed Yes.

"Well sure sweetie! I'll show you the guest room." I turn to Leon and raised an eyebrow at him as he scratched at the back of his neck. Last night he had told me there wasn't a spare room and I had to sleep in his bed or the floor.

Sly little prick.

Sandra leads me to the guest room upstairs just past Leon's.

"Thank you so much Sandra. I can't explain my appreciation for you allowing me to stay here."

"Oh don't sweat it dear. I can see you are a lovely young lady and I'm glad Leon has made a friend, He is a great kid. Stay as long as you want to." She said and smiled.

"Thank you" I said with an appreciative smile.

"So extra blankets are in the cupboard, and I assume you're staying for dinner?" She asks.

"If it's not to much trouble." I smile sweetly.

"Ofcourse not dear. Chicken roast sound good?"

"Sounds amazing!" I expressed happily. She passes me one last smile than leaves the room back down stairs.

Leon walks in.

"Alright you are an incredible actor." He teases.

"Shut up! I always get my way for a reason." I say and poke my tongue at him.

"Any way. Why did you lie to me the other night?"

"About what?"

"Making me sleep in your bed when there was a spare room right next door?" I scowled.

"Because, I wanted a cuddle!?"

"That sounded more like a question than an answer." I snapped

"Well maybe I just wanted to make sure you were safe for the night." He scratched the back of his neck again and looked at the ground.

"Yeah I can take care of myself."

"Quite clearly proving that with the bruising on your face!" He snaps but immediately changes his cocky exterior to a sympathetic one when he sees I didn't find that funny.
"Julia, I'm sorry." He says in a apologetic tone.

"You know what I like about Sandra?"

"Wh-" I cut him off.

"She didn't ask questions about my face just immediately invited me in."

I looked at the ground.

"Yeah well that's what I did isn't it? She will get nosey but I'll admit she is a sweetheart." He copies my action and looks at the ground.
"Want to play Mortal combat? " He smiles at me.

"Play station 3?" I ask with a hopeful smile.

"Yup!"

"Let's Go!" I yell jumping off my position on the bed and following him as he ran downstairs.