I Wished There Was A Way For Me To Escape This hellhole

READER'S POV

Hi, my name is (F/n) (L/n) and I'm 17 years old. I'm not your average highschool girl because I'm a bit of a geek since I have an addiction to video games and watching anime and reading manga. However, my life isn't as perfect as everyone makes it out to be because my parents expect me to concentrate more on my studies and take over the family business but, that's not what I wanted to do once I finish school, I wanna be an artist and share my knowledge about all the anime movies and series iv

When I thought my life was gonna get worse, it actually got a lot better in the end because something was about to happen that was gonna change my life forever.

Right now, I was on my home and I got my report card and it was filled with a few Bs and Cs. I sighed a little and I seriously didn't care. I got back home and thankfully, my parents weren't here which means I had time to meet up with my friends. I got upstairs and I dumped my stuff on the bed and I got changed out of my uniform. 

I'm now wearing my (F/c) vest top, (f/c) fingerless gloves, (F/c) leggings and running shoes which were suitable for today's free run. I grabbed my (Phone type) along with my wireless earbuds and a bottle of water. I left the house and I headed to the meeting point. I saw Sarah and the others and she called out to me.

"Hey! there you are, (Nickname), what took you so long?"

"Sorry, I had to rush back and get changed into some proper gear, can't go free running in a school uniform now, can we?"

"Hehehe, good point, anyway now you're finally here, ready set GO!!"

Sarah shouted before running away from us. I shouted at her.

"Hey! come back here, cheater! we weren't ready!"

I chased after Sakura and then the others followed after us. Sarah ran over to a fire escape and then she started climbing. I followed after her but, thanks to practising the monkey climb from Assassin's Creed, I managed to keep up with her. We got to the top of the roof and then we began running and leaping across the rooftops. I leapt off the railing of the fire escape and then I shoulder rolled onto the ground. Sarah followed after me but, she decided to take her time.

"Hey! speedy! slow down!"

"No way! slowpoke!"

I taunted before turning a corner and running through the market streets. I leapt over the stalls and slide under them as well while the shopkeepers shouted at us.

"Hey! watch where you're going, kids!"

"Sorry! pardon us!" Sarah shouted as she tried to keep up with me.

"Hahaha!! hey (Y/n)! a snack on the house!" A friendly shopkeeper shouted before tossing an apple towards me.

I flipped over a bench before catching the apple. I landed perfectly onto the ground and I shouted.

"Thank you!" I spoke with a smile before continuing to free run.

After a while, Samual, Jamie and I got to the park and I was sitting on the bench while eating the apple I got from earlier. Sarah and Loki finally caught up to us and she was breathing heavily like Darth Vader.

"What took you so long, slowpokes?"

"*Pant...pant...pant...* you! missy! ...are not...human!!"

Sarah spoke before collapsing onto the soft grass behind us. We laughed at Sarah and then Loki looked at me and he asked me.

"But, she had made a point though, how is it you're not panting heavily like Darth Vader behind us?"

"Because I exercise a lot to burn the extra calories after spending a day in class and playing video games all day."