𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑀𝑒

Happy Reading babes.

Six months later...

Waverly

The cool summer breeze aroused shivers all along my spine as I got into the dress. The mirror from my dresser didn't do justice to the beauty of the dress that Wynonna had chosen for today. This was her grand gesture of saying sorry for not being there all those years. Sorry for sending you through those doors. She single-handedly picked the most beautiful dress ever. I can't even comprehend how this happened. But today I am to set my heart on the line. I am to marry the most beautiful and kind woman in the world. Her soul and mine were meant to be sealed as one.

The slight creak the door creates as its being opened darts my attention in that direction. Wynonna is covering her mouth with both hands.

"Oh, baby girl..." She approached me and just takes in my image. I'm practically crying now. "My baby girl... I can't believe this is happening." She puts her arms around me in a warm embrace and I inhale her scent. The scent of home. Of being safe. After half a second we're both crying like idiots. "Mama would be proud to see you baby girl" She's not here. But in this moment Wynonna and all my friends are all the family I need. 

"Ok I think we've done enough damage for today" Wynonna pulls away taking in a deep breath.

"Are you sure you want this? We can still get in my truck and drive away from this nonsense" I smack her shoulder playfully and she laughs with me.

"Yes, I think that I'm sure I want to marry Nicole. Wynonna"  

"Ok but you know I will personally hunt her down if she breaks your heart." I nod knowing that after all the turmoil that happened when I was gone they eventually came together and saved me. Not in the most convenient way but then again who says normal is a thing to strive to be.

Apparently it's tradition to not see your bride before the wedding. I don't know who invented that stupid rule but yesterday was the first time since I came back that I didn't sleep with her next to me. I'm not letting that woman off my sight ever again. Looking from my window I see all the floral decorations. The homestead is full of all the kind people that didn't just pass through our life at some point. These people stayed when the door to leave was always opened and thus they are here. Because I too want to share this moment with them. 

*********************************************************************************

Nicole

She stands in the middle of the aisle with a ball style dress that takes my breath away. The wind every so often picks up and moves her perfectly styled hair to the side. I know I'm about to cry but I mustn't. This isn't the time or the place. All the tears were already shed. This is the top of a rollercoaster I want to ride. This hill was a tough one to ascend but once we did, everything fell into place. Her real father and her earthly father couldn't walk her down that aisle. But someone just as great as them, if not greater, stepped up to the role. Nedley holds her by his side. His face is mostly red I guess from previously crying with her. They both make my heart e
ache.