Chapter 2 -State Of Grace

"𝘚𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵

𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

𝘞𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯

𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴

𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥

𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘚𝘢𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳,𝘉𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦"

- 𝕋𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕨𝕚𝕗𝕥 ,𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕆𝕗 𝔾𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖

As soon as we reached the place where Franc was, i sprinted out of the cab , Nikki threw some cash in front and we rushed. Franseco was there on the phone,  he was pulling his hair out of frustration,  probably talking to his people .

"Fottere!"(Fuck!) he shouted.

"Franc!" I said when I reached him , he turned towards me and hugged me,  I hugged him back understanding how it felt. 

He knew what had happened.

He knew it could happen again. 

Nikki came,  " What happened,  How can we find her?  Why can't we just call 911 ???."

"The police will be in trouble , sorella (sister)" , Franc replied, last time I did that the two officers were dead , and they made it look like it was an accident , a clean murder , we can't do that to others." Franc replied.

"I made my gang check every warehouse we knew in California, they don't know where Mi Amore is ! " he replied with a crying voice , I know he was scared to death as we were .

"What about the Bracelet , is that of any use ?" I ask remembering he mentioned that.

"They threw it in the centre of a four way route , I don't know there are probably 30 places you could see them going . " He replied with a defeated tone.

"Have  you talked to you're Boss , you said he has reputation and he has been in this way before you." Nikki said , choked.

Suddenly a thought struck me ."Franc , why did they took her , is this something because of you're upcoming job" , I shouted shaking his arms sideways . If it was because of his fucking job , he would be fucking ruined by me . 

"Bia !" Nikki cried out , shouting at my bluntness.

"No , No it is not, the details haven't been disclosed , only Mr.Romano knows about that. If it was because of that Ava ,I would fucking kill myself " He shouted , drawing a few stares from the crowd , I didn't care , Cammi was gone and that was all that matters  . 

Franc looked hurt , that I even asked him that .Suddenly his phone rang , breaking me out of negative thoughts about what could happen to Cammi .

"Cosa? Dove? " 

"Sì" .

He snapped the phone shut , "Mr. Romano found something."

"He says there's three places his sources says that were recently rented by some people and they are dead , they are an Abandoned Hospital , an Abandoned haunted villa , and a old temple." 

A whimper escaped my lips , my Cammi was she in kind of some kind of death trap ?

A cold hand , soothed my shoulders , I looked to Nikki , she was crying as well. No ,I need to be strong for her , for Franc , for myself and for my Cammi .

Two ,black car suddenly stopped in front of us , scaring a few pedestrians , Fran frantically motioned us to those cars , we hurriedly ran to them ,Franc pulled out a Gun from his under suit pocket , a black Glock . Nikki's eyes widened , she started looking frantically around if someone saw him holding the gun . 

"Ava , take this , and go to the next car , I'm going to the Hospital , your'e going to the temple, with Nikki , I have Roman with me and you have Hunero with you , I know you know your'e way around guns , Cammi always bragged , how you played with them like they were you're toys . And if anything wrong happens just hit panic button on the applications I made you install , I would know , okay ? " 

"No , take Nikki with you , she's not safe with me " I say frantically , because I was holding a Gun after a long time , even I was not sure of this myself , how was I gonna take care of Nikki, when this wasn't even her fault !

"Bia , I have to go with you , how can I leave you , for once in your life , stop taking the fucking load in your shoulders ! " , she shouted . I was stunned . Is this what she thought of me ? I wasn't fucking becoming a Hero and save the world , I was simply doing what was right for her , I couldn't drag her into this no matter what . This is not something which was easy to get out from.

"Nikki , you don't know how our Gangs are , they rape , kill, torture people just for fun and If I got you in trouble , I wouldn't forgive myself , trust me I have lived through that , and they are not someone to mess with , Franc will protect you , he knows how is it !" I choked completing my words. My head was pounding and I just wanted to go .Franc grabbed Nikki before she could open her mouth to defend ,and closed the door soundly, I rushed towards Hunero , and sat in the front seat . 

The scent of leather and car perfume calming my nerves a little bit , and in seconds the car jolted to life.

 I looked over to Hunero to ask him how faraway the temple was and saw that his left hand's sleeve empty , I frowned and saw the white fabric peeking telling me that he had a fracture.

"I can drive well Hunero, you know you don't have to drive" I said in awe of the man who was driving with one hand completely while managing the gears with the same hand.And he never once looked troublesome .

"Miss Bianchi , I have been driving since  I was 10 , when my face couldn't reach over the wheel  , I think I'll be fine ,and  you have to wear you're seat belt " he said suddenly looking towards me .

"'Cause it's gonna be hell of a ride. And I'm gonna make this MotherFucker Vaffanculo !"

*VAFFANCULO - GO FUCK HIMSELF