chapter 5

previously 。。。】

the broken red string.

the supposedly unbreakable red string.

funny. the only iceberg in our story was ourselves.

"bakugou..." I whispered, my voice squeaking as a tear fell down my face. "what did we do?"

•••

reader's pov

"sorry, darlings, but I can't fix it."

bakugou's hands started making popping noises, hinting that he was charging up his explosion quirk.

I grabbed onto his arm, and yanked him slightly. "would you quit it?"

he clicked his tongue, then withdrew his quirk.

the small lady known as recovery girl smiled sweetly at us. "you really are soulmates, huh?"

"the f**k is that supposed to mean?" bakugou shouted, causing me tighten my grip on his arm.

"it's just that I previously thought you, young man, were untamable." she smiled innocently as I put my other hand on bakugou's mouth before his shouting could continue.

after he calmed down (reluctantly), I removed my hand and turned to the nurse with a sigh. "are you sure you can't fix the string?"

the lady's smile faltered as she sighed. "unfortunately not. I do wish you the best of luck, though."

bakugou growled as we left recovery girl's office. well that went well.

"bakugou, i-" I frowned, looking down at the floor. "im really sorry."

bakugou grabbed both my shoulders, causing me to look up at him. his eyebrows were knitted together, and his mouth formed his usual scowl.

"shut the f**k up, dumb***."

"oh," was all I was able to squeak out. my mind immediately flashed back to the events right before the string had... well...

yknow.

"dammit I mean stop apologizing." I raised an eyebrow at him. "this sh** is my fault for being so f**king stupid."

"bakugou, it's not all ur fault-"

he rolled his eyes. "would you let me speak, printer paper?"

I immediately shut up.

"if I hadn't pushed you away we wouldn't be dealing with this bs. but no. here we are." he growled under his breath. "now shut the f**k up before I beat you to a pulp."

he shoved me, then began walking off. I watched him go with his hands stuffed in his pockets. I couldn't help but chuckle.

maybe to the naked eye, that gesture seemed insensitive and cruel.

but deep down?

I knew that was his bakugou-way of apologizing.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

a/n : lol stoopid bakagoku