chapter 11

[ reader's pov ]

"you're ... sorry?"

I had turned around to face bakugou with his head hung low. we stood there in the hallways, for what felt like ages, until he broke the silence.

"yeah."

"i-" I felt my eyes water up. this means we're friends, doesn't it? "I forgive you."

his head twitched before he brought his chin up and made eye contact with me.

his usually fiery red eyes had softened to a blood orange, them glistening with hope.

bakugou ran up to me, wrapping me in his arms tightly. after recovering from my initial shock, I hugged him back with a content smile.

when we separated, I felt a tug on my finger. a red glow filled the area between us, before bursting like fireworks.

we both looked down at the space between us.

the string.

it was fixed...

we both smiled at each other, tears stinging my eyes. it was one of the few times I had seen bakugou's rare smiles. it warmed my heart and was nothing like his ice cold glare.

he should smile more often.

•••

we walked back into the cafeteria. the jaws of each bakusquad member dropped as the caught sight of us.

"bro,,," kirishima, barely able to contain his shock.

meanwhile, a smile began to creep onto minas face. "(y/n)....."

"YOURE HOLDING HANDS?" the four of them shouted. all the heads turned once again, and a purple haired girl ran to our table.

jirou quickly snapped a photo of us and ran off.

bakugou's grip on my hand tightened, from annoyance no doubt.

but yes, it was true. at that moment, I was holding his hand. it felt nice.

•••

weeks had passed, and it was undeniable. bakugou was the closest friend I had ever had. he wasn't all sunshine's and rainbows, that's for sure. but! I enjoyed hanging out with him more than anyone else, and it was a fact.

I walked over to our lunch table, only to see that one purple haired shorty sat at our table.

"mineta? what are you doing here?" I asked, trying not to get too close to him.

he crossed his arms. "thaid I wath the human thacrifithe and I have to be the only one not out there."

"out there?"

he pointed to the door. "jutht go outthide or whatever."

I shrugged as i walked outside. I looked around, not seeing any people sitting on the grass. strange.

but then I turned a corner.

and the corner I was so familiar with was overflowing with students from many of the classes, surrounding a blonde boy at the center.

bakugou smiled at me nervously, holding a bouquet of roses.

the 1a girls skipped over to me, each handing me a box of pocky. soon, my hands were more than full.

the ash blonde then started to walk up to me, everyone in the back itching with excitement.

"hey."

I could feel the heat in my face rise at the sound of his voice. "uh hi?"

he laughed to himself. "look, i'm not very good at this sh** but..."

he extended his arms, practically pushing the roses into my already overfilled hands.

"would you like to go out with me?"

my eyes and mouth rounded. I looked at everyone else there, most people gesturing for me to say yes.

I then looked at bakugou, whose eyes were the same blood orange from when he apologized. they were soft and unlike the crimson red glare I was once terrified of.

it wasn't often that he seemed so nervous and happy, but it truly was a beautiful moment.

I laughed as I ruffled his already messy hair. "how could I say no to my soulmate?"

the courtyard erupted with cheers as bakugou picked me up and spun me around.

"f**k you I thought you were gonna turn me down."

"as if I could." I giggled as he set me down.

he then slung an arm around me and nudged me gently. "u right. i'm f**king perfect."

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

a/n: lowkey highkey bad ending.

this story was ultra mega fun to write n it had given me a newfound love for soulmate au's.

anyways. I hope u enjoyed it !!!