13 - Maybe I Was Wrong Again

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. ~Stephan King

Luke's POV

I was so happy, so damn happy when I woke up the next morning. So ready for a day, so ready to see Michael.

But no, I guess I'm just forsaken because for some reason I can't find happiness.

I saw Michael down the hall talking to Vanessa and thought it would be the perfect opportunity to test out whether or not he cared.

So I began to walk my over, until I was stopped by Garret and Victor. Vanessa giving a wicked smile.

"How-How can I assist you?" I asked, and my answer was received by a blow to the stomach as I doubled over in pain, sinking on the floor. I looked up and saw Michael beginning to turn to me, but Vanessa grabbed hold of him right there and just kissed him.

"Mi -" I tried saying but was slammed against the lockers by Garret, still on the floor.

By the time Michael even reached me they had their fun. It wasn't even Michael who stopped them. It was Ettie.

"I don't know who you think you are!" She screamed at the two boys who stared down at her in shock. "But you listen here, meatheads! You leave Luke Hemmings alone because if you had any dignity or self-worth you wouldn't even think of bothering someone. Don't you have better things to do with your time then destroy another human being!? And now in approximately twenty seven seconds a teacher will round that corner and you'll be in serious trouble. So I suggest you vanish and never reappear!" And with that they took off down the hall.

"Luke, are you okay?" Michael asked for the twentieth time but all I could do was gawk at Ettie. These two boys were afraid of her just because she was assertive.

I pushed Michael off of my body, not sure if I should be mad with him or not.

"Lukey?" Michael whimpered and Ettie raised concerned eyebrows. I didn't know what to say, nor what to do. So I did the only thing I could I -

"What happened!?" A teacher gasped at the sight of me standing off the floor. I shook my head slowly and walked away from the people around me. The crowds, everything.

I sat outside in my car for a long, long time. Michael waited on the steps, frowning at me gripping the wheel. Ettie had gone to class after Michael forced her but now she was just sitting in class and that meant leaving Michael alone.

Eventually Michael went inside but only came back out a few minutes later and that was to tap on my car's window.

"Yeah?" I mumbled.

"Um..The office wants to speak to you." Michael said and I grew nervous as I climbed out of my car and walked to the building where in inside I went to the office where you got late slips or early dismissals. I walked inside while Michael stood outside the door.

"Luke Hemmings?" A stern woman at the desk said.

"Hello madame, I believed you wished my presence?" I asked. She rolled her eyes at my speaking manor.

"Where are you been?" She snapped.

"Out-Outside. Sitting in my parked car." I said.

"Why?"

"I don't know.."

"Well, since you think it's funny to cut half of the days classes, possibly more if we hadn't retrieved you, I have something to give you." She said and slapped a piece of paper in my hand.

"A detention slip!?" I squeaked.

"Get out." She snarled. I did what I was told and walked right past Michael.

A detention..No..That ruins everything! My clean record! My shot into the best colleges! My parents will be so angry..

And it is all. Michael's. Stupid. Friends. Fault.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

So yeah I can't write anymore because hell I just can't. But yeah that's that.

Today was so much hell guys :( Honestly sometimes I really hate existing and I don't think I can handle school without mental breakdown.

Wish me good luck?

Yeah. Anyways. I don't think I'm allowed to rant on these. Am I?

Cause I most certainly will if someone wants to listen.

Anyways..

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenaded xX