27 - Reaching My Limits

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a understand of ourselves. ~Carl Jung

Michael's POV

Friday, thank goodness. I had been so irritate with Vanessa and her clique all week long.

School was over, I could go hang out with Luke, Calum, Ashton, Ettie, Natalie, Winston, Terri and Luke. But more importantly, Luke.

Luke had came back to the school to fetch me like he had done very often. I met him by the front of the school and I walked outside.

"You need to just scram!" I revealed myself to Vanessa's voice. I saw her looking at Luke, screaming in his face. Any normal person would have stopped her now. But, I wanted to see what else she had to say.

"You need to just run away from here, no one wants you here and I'm sick of telling you! Luke I swear if I see you here a week from today I will stop having mercy on you. I will ruin your life!" Vanessa snapped and walked away as a wide eyed Luke stood there. I walked down the steps to him, and he turned his head to me, eyes brimming with tears.

"Luke, please don't cry." I whispered.

"What am I doing wrong.." He mumbled. "What happens to be my unfortunate mistake? What actions did I ever force upon that girl or any of them! I swear that I am trying my damnedest to get her to be pleased and cease her attacks to me. But what am I doing!?"

"Luke, relax -"

"No Michael! You can't comprehend this. You have never been the outsider! I am always, constantly being shove out of social groups because I ended up being the nerd! Tell me Michael, please do enlighten me on why being a nerd is such a taboo! I wish I wasn't intelligent because of this, I can't even wrap my brain around what is happening to me." Luke said and paced back and forth. "I..I really cannot understand what is going awry. I swear Michael I am giving my all for this situation. But I am fed up with this all."

"Luke -"

"I'm going home, Michael." Luke sighed and walked away.

"Luke!" I called after him. "Lucas!" Nothing. "Luke Robert Hemmings get back here!"

"Michael I am going to phrase this plainly." He lifted up his arms. "Bite me!"

I stood in shock as I continued watching Luke walk away.

"Well we won't see him for a week." Ashton said behind me and I turned and have a confused look. "He's obviously pretty upset."

"He did it last year too." Natalie said. "Michael..I think you should consider something.."

"Consider what?" I asked as they glanced at each other.

"Not here." Natalie said. "Let's wait for everyone else and then go to Ettie's." I nodded in agreement. I waited on the steps and nervously bounced my leg. My mind was racing.

Vanessa had walked past me and I just looked at her, I didn't have anger or sadness or anything but curiosity. The expression on her face held something that confused me greatly. Almost like she was..Sad.

I was temped to follow her, and I almost did, but as the rest of the group arrived there was no time.

"Let's go." Ettie said as she brushed the hair over her shoulder. I nodded and followed her to her car, or more so Ashton's car.

Eventually, after horrid traffic, we arrived at Ettie's house. Everyone was extremely quiet. None of them even asked about Luke.

"Guys, what's going on?" I sighed. "What is this?"

"We need to talk, Michael." Ettie said as she sat down on a dark brown couch.

"Yeah, that's what Natalie said." I sighed. "What's this about?"

"We've been thinking.." Natalie began. "We think you should break up with Luke.."

I paused. "What."

"Look, Vanessa and Victor and all of them bother him ten times more since you've began dating." Ashton said.

"No guys!" I yelled. "I can fix this but I'm not going to break up with him."

"Michael it may be what's best for him." Calum said quietly and I felt choked.

"You too?" I took a step towards him. "Are you guys saying I don't make him happy or something? Gosh guys, Luke isn't a child I shouldn't be babysitting him."

"Michael -"

"No shut it Natalie!" I yelled. "I don't think you guys understand that I love him!" People went wide eyed. "What?! Is there something wrong with same sex relationships!? Do you guys have anything else to lay on me!?"

"Michael calm down -"

"No Calum!" I interjected. "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

"Michael we just wanted you to consider it!" Ashton yelled. "Maybe try again when school gets out! But Vanessa is ruining him. Michael, do this for him." I turned and saw the sympathetic eyes as I stood in the door way. Wind blowing gently behind me.

"Thanks for the advice." I sighed and walked out. I immediately pulled out my phone and glanced at the lock screen. A photo of Luke and I, smiling wide in the library. I remember that day, he was talking about the physical structure of a penguin.

"That's my Luke." I smiled to myself. Luke, mine. I can't keep him, can I?

I closed my eyes and stood still for a minute. The worst part about this is that I know they're right. I'm tearing him apart, but honestly I don't know if I could let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

This chapter is crap :/ but I'm also babysitting while writing xD

Anywhoozer boozer I don't have anything else to say.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX