34 - Happy And Sad

A person's a person no matter how small. ~Dr. Suess.

Michael's POV

"Michael doing what Luke did to you won't help." Calum sighed. "You should've seen his face."

"I did see it." I snapped. "At least I turned back, I'm sure he didn't."

"Michael you're being a real jerk." Calum sighed. "Luke isn't socially acceptable. He won't react the same way you did."

Calum was right. I didn't know how Luke would react, mainly because I didn't really see Luke in a lot of social instances.

"We should go back." I said quickly.

"Think Luke would still be at the school?" Calum said.

I smiled. "No."

"Then why are you smiling?"

"He's at the library!" I yelled as I ran down the street in the direction of the library.

What was wrong with me? Holding a grudge against Luke? It wasn't something I could do. So I ran down the road towards the library and when I got there Luke was walking down the steps.

"Michael?" He said with a confused expression when he saw me, doubled over and out of breath.

"One sec." I panted. Luke did as I said and waited patiently, even held out a water bottle to me. I took it and chugged at least half it down.

"Okay, thank you." I breathed.

"You are welcome." Luke said quietly as he stood there, swaying back and forth slightly.

I stared at him for a second, taking in every inch of his being. The eyes, the hair, his slightly pink cheeks.

"Michael, did you have something to request of me?" Luke asked, his voice hushed.

"Yes." I said.

"And it was?"

"This." I said and slammed my lips against his. Luke stumbled backwards slightly, a sound of shock rising from the back of his throat. "I am so sorry," I said against Luke's mouth.

"Sorry? Michael you have no reason for apologies." Luke responded.

"I feel like I do and therefore I'm going to say that I'm sorry." I said as I cupped Luke's cheeks. I pecked his lips once more, and then over and

"Michael." Luke pushed me back. "Relax, I cannot solve all of the errors that occur from you in this place of venue."

I smiled wide. "That's my Luke."

"Yours?" Luke said, like a child on Christmas his eyes lit up as he held his hands in fists against his chest.

"Well duh." I responded.

"I-I like that." Luke smiled sheepishly as he stared towards the ground.

"Cute." I smiled and kissed the top of his head as he let out a little giggle.

"Luke, why did you walk away yesterday when I called to you?" I asked.

"I just wanted to head home Michael. I was in a less than satisfactory mood." Luke sighed. "Michael, you must pay close notice to what I am about to tell you. Never believe a word Natalie says unless I clarify it to be the truth."

"What's happening with Natalie?" I asked.

"Just trust me on this Michael. Believe in me." Luke said. I couldn't look at his face and say no. So of course I nodded.

"Luke, have you been talking to Vanessa?" I asked.

"I have."

"She says you've forgiven her?"

"Yes."

"I don't understand." I sighed. "One moment she's your worst enemy, next moment it's all water under the bridge."

"Michael I don't believe we ever were in fact enemies,"  Luke said. "She was never my greatest enemy, just a misunderstood ally."

"Luke you don't have to try and see the good in everyone." I sighed.

"I don't try, I just do." Luke said. "Michael, Vanessa misses your friendship. You were very good friends with her and I am starting to think you should re-extend the hand of friendship to her. At least make it an option for her. I fear that you will be regretful if you don't. Vanessa doesn't have anyone. I worry for those who are alone because it hurts worse than any punch I have ever had the displeasure of receiving."

"How about I think about it?"

Luke sighed. "I wouldn't waste time."

"Why are you so concerned about Vanessa?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"Don't you dare try and make me a villain." Luke scoffed. "Michael if you came here to judge the integrity of my loyalty then you may dismiss yourself at any time."

"I'm sorry Luke." I sighed. "Let's just, go get something to eat, yeah?"

"Okay." Luke nodded his head.

"Oh and Luke?"

"Yes Michael?"

I gave a small smile. "I love you."

Luke smiled wide. "I love you as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

This chapter pretty much blows I just wanted to write but I've reached s stump.

Yeah that expression does not work.

I don't think so at least.

eh whatever.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenaded f2f