Part Eight

Mary was now listening to music as she prepared food for everyone, since she knew they were busy and didn't have time to make themselves lunch.

She mumbled the melody as she cooked up some pasta, before she saw Steve come in making him give his best friend a gentle smile.

Suddenly, the mictoave beeped making him jump. He grabbed a knife and throwed it at the machine.

Mary put her hedaphones down and turned around surprised. She saw him staring at the machine with a suspicious look.

She starts laughing and he raises a brow making her laugh even more, before taking the knife out.

"Steve, this is a microwave. It won't harm you" she says putting the knife on the side.

"What does it do? And why did it scare me?" He asks and she chuckles at him

"It warms up food, it's a smaller oven, let's describe it like that. It beeped to signal you it's done" she says and he nods, his brows still slightly furrowed.

She chuckled at him and he smiles, before she turns back to the pot of pasta and some sauce.

She took a spoon and decided to try some, blowing on it cause it's hot. She was about to try it when Steve took a bite before her.

She looked at him surprised making him giggle at her. She gave him a look.

He gave her two thumbs up "Oh you're female Gordon Ramsay"

She blushed and raised a brow at him as he sat down on the couch, still close to the kitchen.

"How do you know who Gordon Ramsay is but you don't know what is a microwave?!"

He shook his shoulders and smiled making her shake her head at him. He gently smiled when her phone started ringing.

He instantly jumped up making her laugh. She showed him the phone and answered the call.

She put the phone between her ear and shoulder.

"Hello?"

"Hello Mary"

"Lloyd? Is that you?" She grabs her phone and backs away from the stove.

"It's me darling" She sighs and backs away, making Steve see something is wrong.

He got up and gave her a reassuring smile, before he took the spoon from her hand and took over the cooking.

She gave him a gentle and thankful smile, leaning her back on the counter.

"Why did you call me?"

"You have to come home"

"Last time I trusted you I got stuck in Lille" Steve furrowed his brows hearing that, but didn't show her.

"This is serious. Your mother called me cause she couldn't reach you. Joey went wild, and they think only you know how to save him"

Her eyes widened and turned yellow.

"Lloyd, if you even touch me when I come I won't hesitate to rip your head off"

"I wont darling. I agree, what I did wasn't nice. But they need your help"

"Where do you live. I'll pick you up, they moved to a new location recently" he adds

"I live in Manhattan. Stark tower. I think you'll know when you see it" she sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Good, darling. I'll see you tommorow"  she ended the call making her sigh again.

"Everything alright Mary?" Steve turned around with a worried look.