Part Eleven

- Next day -

Mary was haunted by the memories Lloyd caused her. Well not memories, nightmare scenes.

She was now in the living room, reading a book when she smelled some good cologne.

She turned around to see Steve in a dark blue dress shirt and black pants, shoes leathery and black.

She stood uo and saw him struggle to tie the tie. She came closer, lips parted in surprise as she tried not to blush.

She took the tie from his hands and he looked up making him blush, seeing her gently smile and blush at him.

She tied the tie slowly "Where are you going dressed this nice?"

"I-hm-I-Uh-Have a date...."

She gently chuckled. He never changed.

"Well then... Good luck" she patted his chest when she fixed it and took a step back.

He took her hand and pulled her in a hug "Are you sure you're okay?" He asks and she tied her hands around his waist.

She put her head to rest on his shoulder "Y-Yeah I'm fine" she gently smiles.

She didn't know what to say or how to express her feelings. She felt her heart being scratched when he said he had a date.

He let her go "I'm here for you. We all are, you know that. So just tell us if you need us" he says and she gently nods.

"I have to go, and I don't wanna be late" he let her go and she smiled again, before he went out, making her look around.

She saw something of his on the counter "Steve! Wait!"

He turned around on his heels and looked at her "Your wallet. You don't want her to pay, dont you?" She threw it to him.

"Oh yeah. Thanks!" He smiles before he opened the front doors and headed out. She sat down back on the couch, when she jumped in surprise.

"How do you do that?"

Nat didn't look up at her, dhe just looked at her magazine. "I'm an assasin"

She chuckled and sighed, still feeling Steve's cologne in the air. It wasn't strong, but her sences were.

"You really love him, huh?"

"Again Nat there's noth-"

"Do not lie Lady Gray!" Thor barged in making her look at him when he sat on her other side.

"He has a point!" Clint adds from an unknown destination.

"Clint, get out of the vents"

Tony and Bruce stepped in the room.

"Ugh, party pooper" he jumped out and sat across them.

"Back to the theme! Mary likes Steve" Nat smiles as Bruce sat down next to Clint, gently smiling.

"No-"

"We see the way you take care of him. Not like its your job, you do it in a loving way" Bruce adds.

She blushed and crossed her arms, shaking her head and sighing, hiding her pink cheeks.

"C'mon, admit it!" Tony slapped her shoudlers.

"C'mon!"

"Fine, I like him. JUST A TINY BIT!" She adds making them giggle like school girls.

"But dont tell him. You heard me Thor?" He kneeled on the ground

"I swear in the name of Odin I wont betray you Lady Gray" he says making her chuckle

"You might wanna tell that to Barton" Clint furrowed his brows.

"Hey! I don't give things away! I have a lot of secrets!"he raised his hands. "Nobody say a word about this to him!" They all nod.

"You are jealous, arent ya?" Tony elbowed her.

She blushed, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Shut up Tony, it's his choice" she says and he raised his hands when he saw her eyes redden up.

"Fine Dracula, we'll let you alone!" She chuckled and went to her room, patting his shoulder on the way.

She wanted to be alone for now, for the nightmares to leave and the feelings to calm down.